Why does my Chrome browser keep crashing?

JoeBuddha

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a newish Galaxy. The browser crashes at least once a day, sometimes 2 or 3 times, and I haven't found anything on line about this. Any info would be helpful.

Android V. 4.4.2, Kernel V. 3.10.0

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a newish Galaxy. The browser crashes at least once a day, sometimes 2 or 3 times, and I haven't found anything on line about this. Any info would be helpful.

This happened to me also when my S6 was new. One possibility is to install the Chrome Samsung Support Library from Google Play; this seems to have helped some users, and was recommended by my local Samsung rep for people experiencing issues with Chrome. I'd like to conclusively say it helped stabilize the Chrome app but unfortunately that could just be placebo.

I ended up switching to Chrome Dev instead because in my experience it not only performs better, it offers more flexibility for organizing bookmarks. Additionally, it's not susceptible to the following:

My primary complaint with the regular version of Chrome is that when you load a fresh instance of the browser, it won't allow access to your bookmarks until your default home page has completely loaded. It's a relatively minor thing, but can can really get infuriating quickly if you're in a hurry or not on the greatest connection to begin with. Thankfully Chrome Dev doesn't behave that way.

Tswfootball

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
It crashed for me once due to low memory available. But I got an error message saying that's why, when it has crashed like that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty