Google now

jeep_man

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to set up my gs6 so that I can just hold down the home button and go straight to Google voice prompt? Kinda like how an iPhone will launch directly into siri voice? I want to be able to just pick up my phone with the screen turned off...hold the home button...and ask Google a question without having to wake up my device.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can with the phone locked. You can set the home button to launch Google Now instead of S-Voice when long-pressing it, but that only works once the phone has been unlocked.

You could try setting up the global 'OK Google' command, that way you don't even have to touch your phone, you can just say 'OK Google' and ask the question.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Open the Google App, tap the menu button on the top left corner (hamburger), go to Settings, go to Voice, and configure "OK GOOGLE" DETECTION. Bear in mind that this only works with the screen on (my bad before, although I think there are hacks to make it listen even when off) or charging.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Bear in mind that this only works with the screen on (my bad before, although I think there are hacks to make it listen even when off) or charging.

For me (5.1.1, AT&T), "Ok Google" detection works from the lock screen including when the screen is off -- however with fingerprint security enabled, you still have to unlock and/or swipe in order to view the search results.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty