Galaxy S6 Battery Life Thread

youngmac2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: My own Galaxy S6 Battery Test

50% battery left with almost 3 hours SOT.
mainly browsing, facebook and social media, few youtube video and streaming from website for 10 minutes. screen brightness on half on automatic.

Tested again with few minutes gaming and video streaming. 3H20 SOT with 32% battery left.
Don't know why everyone complaining battery seems fine to me. in addition i have wireless charging and quick charging. I still love this phone whatever people say and also had it for almost 4 months and still fast. I came from longterm Iphone use and sold my iphone 6 for this phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-28-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-28-20.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-28-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-28-15.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-28-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-21-11-28-40.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

For me (I have a Note3) "real-world" testing results would be with LOC (the GPS service) set to (constant) ON, Bluetooth set to (constant) ON, and the screen brightness set to auto.
Anything short of _that_ is missing the point.

mgfjd12

May 14, 2012
Visit site

uploadfromtaptalk1443490195234.jpg
No problems here either.
Happy with the battery life.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site

50% battery left with almost 3 hours SOT.
mainly browsing, facebook and social media, few youtube video and streaming from website for 10 minutes. screen brightness on half on automatic.

Tested again with few minutes gaming and video streaming. 3H20 SOT with 32% battery left.
Don't know why everyone complaining battery seems fine to me. in addition i have wireless charging and quick charging. I still love this phone whatever people say and also had it for almost 4 months and still fast. I came from longterm Iphone use and sold my iphone 6 for this phone.

Do you use facebook using chrome or the browser? its not appearing on your usage data...

By the way i saved an enormous battery by disabling Facebook App and Messenger App. I used Metal app for facebook and Messenger IM for messaging.

Brandon Lee Roy01

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site

Usually for the best results I get rid of the apps that run the most ram in the background. Especially Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sayyaf khan

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

Off topic but how is the zagg tempered glass ? I have been meaning to buy one

Posted via the Android Central App

MikezDroid

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site

I'm trying to remember but I believe that setting is adaptive you should turn it to cinema not a adaptive. That should give you a good chunk your battery back right there. Turning off your Wi-Fi when you're not near an available Wi-Fi network can also help, and vice a versa when you're on a Wi-Fi network turn off your cell if you're not planning on using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

FWIW: I removed all apps from the disabled list in Package Disabler and got an additional 20-30mins. I had about 180 or so disabled. Now I have turned it back on and just used the recommend disabled setting for bloatware. We'll see how it goes over the next week.

Ronald Geiken

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: S6 battery draining after 5.1.1 update

I used to leave my battery off of the charger at 8 PM at night and by the next morning it might be about 96% charged. This morning it was 7%. I have not added any new apps since the 5.1.1 update. I guess my real question is why they don't have a way of turning all of the apps off in standby mode and only have the phone working for those that want that. I also use bluetooth to connect to my Panasonic Home Phone. I think that the amount of people who have had this problem is a lot larger than has been reported. I have had my S6 for over 5 months and no problem. Suddenly after an update, I am having battery problems. Is there an app that will allow you to turn things off when you shut down the screen? It is getting frustrating since I have had that happen for at least the past week.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: S6 battery draining after 5.1.1 update

I used to leave my battery off of the charger at 8 PM at night and by the next morning it might be about 96% charged. This morning it was 7%. I have not added any new apps since the 5.1.1 update. I guess my real question is why they don't have a way of turning all of the apps off in standby mode and only have the phone working for those that want that. I also use bluetooth to connect to my Panasonic Home Phone. I think that the amount of people who have had this problem is a lot larger than has been reported. I have had my S6 for over 5 months and no problem. Suddenly after an update, I am having battery problems. Is there an app that will allow you to turn things off when you shut down the screen? It is getting frustrating since I have had that happen for at least the past week.

Well with Android 6.0 that will finally be fixed in Android. And I'm hoping that Samsung releases the update fast and carriers push the update even quicker to users. You could try for now until the update is released an app called Doze and see if it works. But you will have to be careful because it'll disconnect your phone from any wi-fi connection or data connection while the phone is on standby so any text or whatsapp or facebook or twitter notification that you may get you won't notice it until you wake up your phone again.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.yirgalab.dzzz&hl=en&token=drUA-XQW

ibrahim biten

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

My Vodafone smart ultra 6 has 7 hrs 10 mins sot. It don't change 😁

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87