Gold or white?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I for some reason went with the Gold Platinum and don't regret it at all.
The white looks good but when I see someone else with the white and we compare our phones, both agree Gold Platinum looks better.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone with the white s6 notice that it starts to look dirty after a while? Is gold a better choice?

This question implies that you don't plan on putting it in a good protective case such as an Otterbox, since the color would not be seen enough to matter. Read through the forums and see the many sad stories of folks going bareback, then dropping and damaging their phone, often with no insurance plan, then want help trying to figure out how to fix their phones. Ask yourself if you can afford to buy a new phone at full price ($600+), or even pay the insurance deductible and reload everything on a refurb replacement if you drop and damage it. The nice thing about a case is that you can change colors as you desire.

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I never said I wasn't going to put a case on it...I just asked if the white starts to look dingy after a while.

Chill man...lol

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I never said I wasn't going to put a case on it...I just asked if the white starts to look dingy after a while.

Chill man...lol

If you ARE putting a case on it then color doesn't matter. That's why I surmised that you didn't intend to, which I believe to be the case since you didn't say you were - just said you didn't say you weren't. Chill.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's Gorilla Glass so all colors are gonna be just a scratch or dingy proof as others.

But mentioned above, the white does hide fingerprints very well. Mine still looks brand new from launch. It's been from an otter box to a minimalist clear case on weekends and now in a dog and bone case 24/7.

so crow

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
As said above the white really hides the fingerprints so good. I think the s6 in white looks good the white is like a fresh white. The colour in my eyes is the best colour. Forgot to mention my s6 in white is holding up nicely with no case on still looks brand new but I'm careful with my Phones it is a solid device.

Posted via the Android Central App

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
White is covered by glass.... so no it doesn't get stained as previous galaxy phones with the plastic back did

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
And for the record not all cases cover the color of the phone. I had a white s6 edge and had to replace it back in April for the "screen rotation" issues. They gave me a gold one by mistake but I liked it and kept it. The cases I had for the white one didn't match the gold that well. So even in a case, it matters in color.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If you're going to use a clear case, get the gold as the clear cases tend to get dirty after a while and it shows more on the white phone

The panda has spoken

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Having a white phone is sexy, in my opinion - I once had a white BlackBerry Bold 9780 and man, that was a great phone. However, I noticed that, not only do white phones seem to "get dirtier faster" than black/other-coloured phones; they (can) also retain the colour of whatever case you happen to put on them. For example, I had a vibrant red case on my BlackBerry; and I took it off one day and saw that the back of my phone was suddenly a reddish tint... Kinda saddening.

I would say go for the gold! It sounds gorgeous and going for what is unique/different is always going to be a showstopper. Plus, gold is also a stand-out colour amongst a sea of black and white. ;)

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
White will not stain on the s6 because this phone is covered with glass. It is not plastic so there will be no dinginess. The white is beautiful and classic, the best color for this phone.... in my opinion. But get what you like best and don't worry about stains because of the materials this phone is made from.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
I purchased white note 5 and I love it with then all white finish. I also purchased he gold plat s6 and I must say, gold plat is damn sexy looking. Looks amazing. I think I like the build on these Samsung's better than my iPhone 6+