Another problem with USB music - different than the threads I have found

acrosteve01d

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So, I just got my S6 Active and have high hopes after leaving my iPhone behind. This is my 1st android.

Anyway, my Sony head uni has a usb port that used to work just fine with my iPhone. When I plugged in my Samsung, the head unit auto switched to the USB and started playing the Samsung "Over The Horizon" tune included with the phone. My head unit display scrolled through "Samsung" and the song title.

Clearly, the USB connection is working just fine.

However, that seemed to be the only song or music source I could listen to. I tried iHeart, Amazon, and "normal" music files. All played through the phone's speaker only, while over the horizon continued to stream from the head unit.

I have since deleted over the horizon, as it was rather annoying to me. At least now, I don't have to listen to it, but I really would like to find a solution other than a bluetooth adapter for my head unit.

I had not noticed other threads that said they could play the song.

Developer options are on
Android 5.1.1

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

acrosteve01d

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well, i'm not sure where that is. I was driving and didn't pay attention to where it was when my son(10 yrs) deleted it. Wish I knew for sure. Googled it a little, but did not come up with anything definitive.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38