Over the Horizon' ringtone plays on USB-C peripheral insertion

h8zgray

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

'Over the Horizon' ringtone plays on USB-C peripheral insertion'​

renderTimingPixel.png

Good afternoon all, I was hoping to get some guidance on how to handle issue with my Samsung Note 20 5G Ultra (N986U1). Upon plugging a DEX dock, USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone adapter, or other peripheral, the phone begins to play a repeating loop of Samsung's 'Over the Horizon' through the external speakers. No applications opens to explain where the sound is coming from, no identifiable services were found to explain this, and the sound keeps going unless I restart the phone. I found the offending .Ogg file in the soundtheme folder in root storage but was hoping not to have to root the phone to remove it assuming that this would fix the problem, but if that is the case so be it. Any assistance with this would be appreciated, thank you in advance, best wishes.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Look for any installed apps that might also interact with USB, there's a history of apps causing unidentifiable notifications and that ringtone playing.

h8zgray

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Quick update, restarted the phone in Safe mode and I was able to insert a USB-C to 3.5mm audio jack convertor without the ringtone popping up as previous. Nice catch did not identify the offending application, but since it did not occur while in safe mode I guess there is an errant third party app that I best chase down, thank you again.

Reactions: Bla1ze

h8zgray

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Good afternoon all, well I think I found the culprit, Desktop Pro for DEX, once uninstalled the Over the Horizon ringtone on USB-C peripheral insert has stopped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174