Battery is not getting better on Marshmallow

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had Marshmallow for a week today (Sprint), and for the most part it's like having a new phone... I love it.
Buuut.... I though part of the update was better battery life? I think mine is actually worse 😯
Anyone else seeing this...?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow & my battery

I've had Marshmallow for a week today (Sprint), and for the most part it's like having a new phone... I love it.
Buuut.... I though part of the update was better battery life? I think mine is actually worse ??????
Anyone else seeing this...?
You can try clearing cache through recovery. If that doesn't show better battery savings then consider a factory reset and start fresh. Marshmallow is optimized for better battery; however, it also depends on the user and how the device is used.

Malerin11

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine is the same, battery has not improved at all, Ive lost about 1 hour SOT with the same usage. Really disappointed as was hoping marshmallow was going to improve my already mediocre battery.

Posted via Android Central App

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
How the heck can you possibly get 8 hrs sot? I've had my phone at launch and get 3, maybe 4 once in a blue moon

Johnny Abatti

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
How the heck can you possibly get 8 hrs sot? I've had my phone at launch and get 3, maybe 4 once in a blue moon

Brightness 50% manually, Facebook etc. disabled, mainly messengers, e-mail, news, banking, playstore (no games, youtube, video recording etc.), usually good LTE signal, all but a few apps "optimized" permanently. Maybe I'm just lucky...;-)

Posted via the Android Central App

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Your obviously lying. Show a screenshot. I have a 6P, and s7e which both have considerably larger batteries and definitely cannot get 8 hours SOT time

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Your obviously lying. Show a screenshot. I have a 6P, and s7e which both have considerably larger batteries and definitely cannot get 8 hours SOT time

a lot of people posted screenshots and claim this aswell, but I don't believe it.

Not 1 YouTube reviewer/user ever said they passed 4 hours of SoT that I've seen (I know 5 or 6 people with both S6 and S6edge and never saw it myself either)

My point, screenshots are easily fake able. Could it be possible he gets 8 hours SoT? sure! I got 5 hours once some how some way (I believe GPS and WiFi and a few more things were off but I can't replicate it since 7 months)

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
But here's the catch, lol. I have everything optioned and pigs like Facebook disabled, location off, brightness low, etc and i get 3 sot consistently.

Attachments

• 1459045477837.jpg
    1459045477837.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 70

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Ohh it's 8 hours SoT with charging through the day. That doesn't really count. People usually talk about SoT off of a single charge

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Ohh oops I thought that was the op that boasted 8 hours SoT who shared that screen shot. My bad

Johnny Abatti

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Please be careful with the word lying... By no means was my intention to imply that I do anything smarter or more intelligent than others. I was just reporting that with my low level use of the phone I'm experiencing an acceptable battery life. You know probably better than I do that this depends on numerous things, partly beyond our control. For what it's worth I post a screenshot as of now, 2h20, battery at 70%. I don't know if this means something...
Happy Easter!
13704.jpg

javitolopez

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Please be careful with the word lying... By no means was my intention to imply that I do anything smarter or more intelligent than others. I was just reporting that with my low level use of the phone I'm experiencing an acceptable battery life. You know probably better than I do that this depends on numerous things, partly beyond our control. For what it's worth I post a screenshot as of now, 2h20, battery at 70%. I don't know if this means something...
Happy Easter!
View attachment 222315

Settings....

Johnny Abatti

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Pls find below. Let me know if you are interested in a particular setting.

Brightness 50% manually
Rather dark theme (see screenshot above)
Usually good signal (not a setting, I know... ;-)
Location always off
BT always on (connected to Gear S2 classic)
Wi-Fi on while in reach of trusted network (say 50% on average)
All (around 100) but a few apps permanently optimized; exceptions are messengers, e-mail, banking, news apps
Deactivated apps: Facebook, Gmail, Google App, Google Play Kiosk, Google Play Music, Google Play Games, Google+, Instagram, FB Messenger, OneNote, S Health, S Voice App and Skype (the latter because the device told me only recently that it uses a lot of battery w/o me using it...)

Take care!

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine was fine after the update... then a week later my battery barely stays charged. I watch it drop to 10% by noon. It is so much worse. I did clear cache. didnt help. it barely charges too now. It's always on the charger now. someone help. I disabled all apps. I turn off the edge apps since I am sure that wastes battery. There has to be a fix. Factory reset has done nothing.

help.

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My battery drops to 90% by the time I get to work and I am not even using it while driving

Very minimal use during the day, no videos, music... just texting and it's in the single digits by early evening

My phone is warm all the time, totally sucks

27July Update: I rebooted my phone last night, and today after 13.5 hours, i still have 45% left. I'm a happy camper right now

Rick

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89