S6 with broken touch screen stuck in ultra power saving, can't recover data

zero01alpha

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
As the title days I have a broken S6 that was stuck in Ultra Power Saving Mode when it broke that I'm trying to recover data from. It turns on and the display works, but the touch screen doesn't, making menu navigation impossible. I am trying to recover data via USB connection, but it only go's into charge mode and will not show up on Windows or OSX as a media device. I have tried Android Data Transfer and the Android Recovery Tool (Doctor something) but neither of them will recognize it. I have also rebooted into USB debug mode, but same thing, charge only.I got a new phone and the broken one is no longer on the network, making any "Find My Mobile" options unavailable as well. USB mouse won't work either. When I plug it in it says "Unable to use USB functions while in Ultra Power Saving Mode". Not sure what to do at this point. Can someone here please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
As the title days I have a broken S6 that was stuck in Ultra Power Saving Mode when it broke that I'm trying to recover data from. It turns on and the display works, but the touch screen doesn't, making menu navigation impossible. I am trying to recover data via USB connection, but it only go's into charge mode and will not show up on Windows or OSX as a media device. I have tried Android Data Transfer and the Android Recovery Tool (Doctor something) but neither of them will recognize it. I have also rebooted into USB debug mode, but same thing, charge only.I got a new phone and the broken one is no longer on the network, making any "Find My Mobile" options unavailable as well. USB mouse won't work either. When I plug it in it says "Unable to use USB functions while in Ultra Power Saving Mode". Not sure what to do at this point. Can someone here please point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Unfortunately you can't transfer the data if it's not being recognized by the computer. Hopefully you had some data being backed-up to online services such as Photos, Drive, Etc.