New update - No more fast charging?

SophiaPetrillo

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I just updated my phone, and now it's charging slower than before, as if fast charging isn't enabled. It is in fact enabled, and I've unplugged it various times to ensure that it wasn't a fluke. Is anyone else having this issue after the recent update? I'm on Verizon, if that affects anything.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my phone, and now it's charging slower than before, as if fast charging isn't enabled. It is in fact enabled, and I've unplugged it various times to ensure that it wasn't a fluke. Is anyone else having this issue after the recent update? I'm on Verizon, if that affects anything.

If by update you mean Marshmallow then I have done it and have had no issues with fast charging. I have also done the most recent security update and still have had no issues.
Not sure why this would happen from an update. Have you contacted Verizon?

Santo Young

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
If by update you mean Marshmallow then I have done it and have had no issues with fast charging. I have also done the most recent security update and still have had no issues.

This is happening to me as well. Verizon as well.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
What is the update that you are talking about. The only very recent update we've had is the security update.

SophiaPetrillo

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site

No, I haven't contacted Verizon. It's not such a large issue, just an anomaly. The recent update was the security update, and I was thinking the update was to ensure that Samsung's other phones did not develop the same issue as the Note 7, despite that issue revolving around bad batteries.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I'll just add for comparison purposes that I'm also on Verizon with the S6 and have not had any issues with fast charging since the last update...still charges very rapidly.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Apparently the problem only exists when I charge the phone while it is on. When it is off and charging, fast charging still works.

Still not an issue caused by the update, nor was the "Security" update anything to do with the Note 7 battery issues, as the S6 doesn't have that issue and if it did a software update wouldn't resolve it