S6 no sreen rotate after update

A

AC Question

S6. After android uptate, missed button sreen auto rotate and same rotate. How can switch again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you edit the Quick Settings panel, do you see the Auto-Rotate button there?

sb1969

Jun 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. The quick setting auto rotate on my S6 is on, but my screen won't auto-rotate either. I need to UNINSTALL the latest update because I hate it! My Samsung tablet & S6 are all different now in settings. I just need a simpler explanation on this forum for a 65+ to understand. HELP!

sb1969

Jun 29, 2017
Visit site
After re-trying auto rotate quick setting again, it works now on my S6 but a landscape layout pic when rotated doesn't fill my entire screen now. Still want to get rid of the latest update!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can't uninstall or roll back system updates easily. You'd have to flash the previous firmware using Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

Big updates sometimes come with big changes in the UI, so you just have to take a little time and relearn things. You can blame these kinds of changes in large part on human nature -- consciously or unconsciously, people constantly want new things, and they want those things to look fresh and different. If a big system update occurred and everything looked exactly the same, Samsung and/or Google would be accused of stagnation and lack of innovation. It's a bit of a Catch-22.

If something is misbehaving or glitching, that's a different story. Try wiping the cache partition, which can be helpful after major system updates: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095

Coach di

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
Try going to settings>display>auto-rotate then click the off button to on.
Mine seemed to go 'off' by itself and someone on this forum answered the simple question. Yay!