Sign in confirmation

countryblue

May 22, 2016
Visit site
When I sign in to a Google account on my computer, like Google Drive, I get that prompt on my phone to answer "Yes" to confirm it was me signing in.

But nothing happens, and I must always select an alternative method, i.e. the Google Authenticator.

What is the point of that first prompt method if it's never going to work.

I'd like to either I fix that, or manage a way to go directly to my Google Authenticator.
thanks

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen "yes" to verify it was me. Once you setup the account and verify it, the phone should store that and allow you to just go to the site. I don't have to do anything on the phone, or laptop for that matter, to sign into Drive, for instance.

Okay, reread your post, missed the part about the phone. That sounds like two part authentication, but again, I don't get anything on my phone once that process has been completed.

countryblue

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I don't get anything on my phone once that process has been completed.
Which "process" are you referring to?

I'll try with more detail. On my computer, when I first attempt to sign to an account, I immediately get a message on my phone to verify it was me trying to sign in: select the the Yes or No buttons.

I push yes, but it has no efffect, at which point I must choose one of the other "methods" options on my computer to verify; email; text; phone call; authenticator.

When I fill in the authentication code to the computer, it works as expected.