It's official

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I've officially switched over to the S23 ultra from the Pixel 7 pro. I sold my Tab S8, paid it off and my 7 pro. And I'll be sending in my phone to Samsung in the next couple of days after I'm sure I have everything transferred over and have signed into everything. I only needed my 7 pro to sign into my authenticator apps. All other apps, I can use my Google and Facebook accounts to sign in.

The only issue I have is signing into my Hotmail account in Gmail. For some reason it won't authenticate properly. I can sign into it using Samsung email and Outlook mail. But not Gmail. If Hotmail wasn't tied into Microsoft, I wouldn't use it. I mostly get junk mail there.

So far I'm loving the S23 ultra. Big thanks to the member here who sent me 2 cases for it. You know who you are.

I am diving deep into customizing it to my liking. I'm not sure how long I'll stay on One UI launcher though. I still like vertical scrolling in the app drawer. But I feel like Samsung has really dialed in the theming on One UI and the launcher.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving my S23 ultra. Battery life is definitely better than the 7 pro and I don't have to worry about it overheating. Fast charging is really nice to have if I want to top off the battery.

I do miss my Tab S8 though, but the performance on it wasn't as good as the S23 ultra. I am spending less time in front of a screen, which is one of the reasons I got rid of the tablet.

The auto brightness and overall brightness of this screen is so much better than the 7 pro. I would get so annoyed that the screen on the 7 pro would drop down. Then I would manually move it up and after a short while or whenever I would turn off the screen, it would go back to being dim. I found myself constantly adjusting the brightness on it as I always kept it on auto.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Nice to see you here!
:D

I miss reading your posts, but I understand why you decided to move to Apple. Hope you're doing fine!

Good to hear from you

Thanks. I miss it in here also. The apple forums are slow or I haven't found the right one. To be honest if it wasn't for the apple ultra watch I would have returned the iPhone and go back to the S23 ultra. The iPhone has some nice bonuses, but it's not enough alone to for me to stay. I have to give apple credit for that ultra watch. I've been debating about running the S23U again for a little, in fact I charged then up last night so they are ready and armed, even updated it.

I'm here to say apple does not wait to perfect things. Their update to OS17 has broken some things, so Samsung isn't the only ones to break phones with the updates. Damn I miss it in here, even though mustang has had to slap my hands a few times for as my wife says not using my filter.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving my S23 ultra. Battery life is definitely better than the 7 pro and I don't have to worry about it overheating. Fast charging is really nice to have if I want to top off the battery.

I do miss my Tab S8 though, but the performance on it wasn't as good as the S23 ultra. I am spending less time in front of a screen, which is one of the reasons I got rid of the tablet.

The auto brightness and overall brightness of this screen is so much better than the 7 pro. I would get so annoyed that the screen on the 7 pro would drop down. Then I would manually move it up and after a short while or whenever I would turn off the screen, it would go back to being dim. I found myself constantly adjusting the brightness on it as I always kept it on auto.

Glad to hear you're liking it. It is a great phone. I may go back to using it again to see if I prefer it over the apple, now that I've actually been using one. I might just switch between them also.. just not sure on the hassle since it's not just swap sim cards. I have a feeling Samsung is going to drop the sim card myself, I'm predicting the S24 series. I haven't been paying attention to the fold forum so maybe they dropped the sim card with that??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I miss it in here also. The apple forums are slow or I haven't found the right one. To be honest if it wasn't for the apple ultra watch I would have returned the iPhone and go back to the S23 ultra. The iPhone has some nice bonuses, but it's not enough alone to for me to stay. I have to give apple credit for that ultra watch. I've been debating about running the S23U again for a little, in fact I charged then up last night so they are ready and armed, even updated it.

I'm here to say apple does not wait to perfect things. Their update to OS17 has broken some things, so Samsung isn't the only ones to break phones with the updates. Damn I miss it in here, even though mustang has had to slap my hands a few times for as my wife says not using my filter.
Well your always welcome here regardless devices you have , yeah I agree Apple not perfect either with some bugs lately and freezes occasionally not mine but family members iPhones and 15 pro and max look like having issues bout the gate but I've been around both platforms so long it happens to all of them

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Just because you're currently using an iPhone, doesn't mean you can't come in here like the good old days and help me raise a little heck once in awhile 😉

We miss you, and you have a lot of good Android advice to share 👍

C'mon back.... what are you waiting for, an invitation? 😄

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear you're liking it. It is a great phone. I may go back to using it again to see if I prefer it over the apple, now that I've actually been using one. I might just switch between them also.. just not sure on the hassle since it's not just swap sim cards. I have a feeling Samsung is going to drop the sim card myself, I'm predicting the S24 series. I haven't been paying attention to the fold forum so maybe they dropped the sim card with that??
I actually toyed with switching to iOS this year. But it's just too expensive and a hassle to switch over completely. I've been using Google and Android services and hardware for a while. I probably would have tried it if I didn't have a Galaxy watch 5, which isn't compatible with iOS. The only way I could have gotten a decent deal is through Verizon, but then I'd be stuck for 3 years. I would have had to pay for a higher data plan to get a decent trade in for my 7 pro.

Every time I have switched to iOS, I can't stay for very long. Obviously every new iPhone is iteratively better than the previous one. But they are still too restrictive compared to Android.

I'd say a couple of months ago, I was about 60% certain that I was going to switch but then I started to remember how much I disliked iOS and how I use my phone now is drastically different than how I used it 3 years ago.

I have no doubt that if I had to, I could use iOS. But given the choice between the two, I still have to stick with Android and Samsung. You get a lot more for your money with Samsung.

Reactions: J Dubbs

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I actually toyed with switching to iOS this year. But it's just too expensive and a hassle to switch over completely. I've been using Google and Android services and hardware for a while. I probably would have tried it if I didn't have a Galaxy watch 5, which isn't compatible with iOS. The only way I could have gotten a decent deal is through Verizon, but then I'd be stuck for 3 years. I would have had to pay for a higher data plan to get a decent trade in for my 7 pro.

Every time I have switched to iOS, I can't stay for very long. Obviously every new iPhone is iteratively better than the previous one. But they are still too restrictive compared to Android.

I'd say a couple of months ago, I was about 60% certain that I was going to switch but then I started to remember how much I disliked iOS and how I use my phone now is drastically different than how I used it 3 years ago.

I have no doubt that if I had to, I could use iOS. But given the choice between the two, I still have to stick with Android and Samsung. You get a lot more for your money with Samsung.

Well multitasking is not a strong suit for apple, I didn't multitask much anyway but I even noticed less multitasking on the iphone. Sharing on the android is easier. I have a friend that's iphone for years and he even said that the iphone 14 changed so much that I would have probably not liked previous model much, so yes iOS is improving. It's amazing, for me anyway, how the apple ultra watch is so great that it kept me with the iphone.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
If it's only the Apple watch that's holding you back, you may want to give the Samsung Galaxy Classic watch another look. Fully-featured, nice battery life & there are deals out there.

I've also heard the Garmin watches are top notch.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If it's only the Apple watch that's holding you back, you may want to give the Samsung Galaxy Classic watch another look. Fully-featured, nice battery life & there are deals out there.

I've also heard the Garmin watches are top notch.

It's just how it works and square face. I have to give apple credit when they get something right.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000