Why can't I share from the gallery on a Galaxy 6

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

if looking in my gallery at pictures and press the share button, it flashes a message (too fast to see) and then just closes. I can download them with a cable to my computer but can't email from gallery. I can send in a text message by attaching from the text app, but not from the share button in the gallery. Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps, select Gallery, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open Gallery again, wait a few seconds for the database to repopulate, and try sharing again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you also have a Galaxy S6? When you go to the Settings>Apps menu, are you saying you don't see a Gallery app listed there? Assuming the stock gallery app is called "Gallery," then tap Menu>Show System, and now look for Gallery.

Sara Parks

Apr 24, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps, select Gallery, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open Gallery again, wait a few seconds for the database to repopulate, and try sharing again.

I have this same problem. The path to open the option of clearing the cache is not as you describe. But I found it. Question: does clearing DATA erase one's photos?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, clearing the data only clears out the gallery app's database (which tells the app where the photos are located. If you clear the data, the system will rescan the phone's storage and rebuild the database automatically.

anon(10653171)

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
Seems nobody returns to update whether they fixed their issue :(

I have the same problem Galaxy S6, it updated a while back and the gallery will no longer allow pictures to be shared. Cleared the cache and data and powered off for a while still no share. As a previous poster mentioned it flashes something very quickly, something like android stopped working. 100% had the word android in the message, everything else is just too quick to read.

Model SM-G920F.
Android 6.0.1
Baseband G920FXXU4DPIT
Build MMB29K.G920FXXU4DPJG

Any tips? Thanks.

anon(10653171)

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for your time, but I will have to look for an answer elsewhere. Since joining just 2 days ago
I have received 14 spam emails from thrifter. Never heard of them and not relevant in my country.

This is beyond a joke and I will be deleting my account if possible. Advertising and a weekly email
OK it pays the forums bills but this is OTT and unacceptable.

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're gone already, but in case you're still looking as a guest (and for the benefit of anyone else reading this), you should be able to manage that stuff within your profile. On the forum website, click the hamburger menu at the upper left, then Manage Profile, then Your Subscriptions. Turn Status to Off for all of them. I never get emails from Thrifter or any other Mobile Nations/Future site.

The behavior you're describing is common for many many sites. A fairly minimal amount of attention to your profile on any of these sites can typically get rid of this behavior.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty