Samsung Protection Plus - "Next day replacements"

PLaBar

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I know some people here are experiencing long wait times after they send their phone in.
Not sure if this helps, but it may.

For $129 Samsung offers an extended warranty (total of 2 years).
It seems to be pretty good for that price (see below). It also seems way better than AT&T $8 a month protection.
But it should be noted that the Samsung one doesn't cover loss or theft.

Sadly it doesn't list the S7 Active as an option, but that may be because it's too new.
I called the number on the link below, was given a different number 1-800-726-7864, then was transferred and disconnected.
So never got confirmation if the S7 Active would qualify.

Protection Plus for Galaxy Note 3 Galaxy Note 4 Galaxy Note Galaxy S6 edge Galaxy S6 edge+ Galaxy Note 5 Galaxy S7 Galaxy S7 edge | Samsung Mobile

Samsung Protection Plus* offers additional benefits during the manufacturer’s warranty and beyond.
•Covers accidental damage from handling – drops, spills, and/or cracked screens
•Covers electrical and mechanical failures after the manufacturer's warranty expires
•Next business day replacements shipping, Monday through Friday, once a claim is approved
•Customer support open 7 days a week (9AM - 9PM EST) by calling 1-866-553-3239
•Up to 2 replacements in a 12 month period for accidental damage claims

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If they only let you pay that in monthly installments. Thanks for the info, though! It is, in the long run, a lot cheaper than most carriers' insurance!

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
How silly would it look to offer Protection Plus on a phone that is supposed to withstand reasonable drops and resist water according to IP68 standards?

There is a reason why the S7 Active doesn't appear on this list...because the S6 Active and S5 Active don't either. Apparently, if you call and request it several times, they'll enroll you.

As an S6 Active owner who has been through a number of issues, I am thoroughly convinced that the Active line under performs in all it claims to do. Being exclusive to AT&T and intended for a niche crowd, I'm sure it doesn't receive too much attention.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
FYI, I purchased the Samsung Mobile Protection Elite Plan ($99 for 2 years) for my Samsung S6 back in 2015, with the belief that Samsung would handle all claims and repairs. I felt this was better than dealing with a 3rd party insurance company from the negative postings I've read online. Now, I recently sold my S6. According to the terms and conditions of the plan, I can cancel it at any time and get a pro-rated refund. So, I tried to contact Samsung to cancel the plan and get a little bit of my money refunded. I discovered that Samsung switched from their previous insurance carrier to Assurant, which is who AT&T and other US carriers use for their insurance claims. That was a big shock to me, since I was expecting coverage by Samsung directly. So, before you go with the Samsung plan I suggest you some research.