How do I reverse the last update on my Galaxy s7 active. I hate the way it looks and acts.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Mmmm there's a lot of that going round..
You can theme the device, Nova launcher is popular and seamless from 6.0.1 to 7. I also use stealth icons as the native ones are crapola. The whole UI looks like it was designed by kids as a school project.
They took many good functions away (like having a say whether to update the software or not), they did give us some good things too so it's really an individual thing.
You probably can roll it back to marshmallow, but you may want to take it to a Samsung shop or similar as it's not hard to brick devices once you start playing with software..

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
There's some handy reading and files over on this Forum that can get you back to Marshmallow if you must.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-active/how-to/s7-active-sm-g891a-ota-updates-firmware-t3540866

It's a bit of work but I've done it before - I was actually running a sideloaded version of Nougat before the actual AT&T version came out, so I had to go back to Marshmallow so that AT&T would send me their Official Version last week! Just read, read, read... then decide if your willing to try it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress