Spigen Liquid Crystal

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Cryst...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5164326

Hi, is anyone using this case? If so, any issues with this?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWYA-iXdYM
"I can't swipe-in from outside of the screen. The raised bezel is blocking the side bezel of the S7. I can't swipe effectively anymore. It's a pain to use as my right thumb can't get my phone to open more options by swiping in from the side of the phone. It's a serious user issue. I'm planning to return and find one that doesn't block the side bezel of the S7."

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Wonder if there are other forums where more responses occur? Probably in Chinese or Korean forums?

Anyway, I'll feedback on this when I get the case.

Swamp55

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I am using the Spigen Liquid Crystal case on my S7 and like it very much. The edges are raised slightly above the screen to provide protection, but I haven't found that to be a problem. I use a couple of apps that utilize side-to-side swiping where I have to pay slightly more attention to get the swipe from the extreme left screen edge to work, but I am used to it now. I certainly have not had any issues nearly as severe as shown in that video. And, the case feels good and looks good. (BTW, there is a difference between the case you linked to -- the Liquid Crystal -- and the case named in the title of that video -- the Ultra Hybrid.)

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the information. Yes, according to some specs that I've come across, the Ultra Hybrid has slightly higher raised edges, so perhaps side swiping is more of an issue than with the Liquid Crystal.

You would have thought a reputable case manufacturer such as Spigen would have thought very carefully about this issue.

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I am using the Spigen Liquid Crystal case on my S7 and like it very much. The edges are raised slightly above the screen to provide protection, but I haven't found that to be a problem. I use a couple of apps that utilize side-to-side swiping where I have to pay slightly more attention to get the swipe from the extreme left screen edge to work, but I am used to it now. I certainly have not had any issues nearly as severe as shown in that video. And, the case feels good and looks good. (BTW, there is a difference between the case you linked to -- the Liquid Crystal -- and the case named in the title of that video -- the Ultra Hybrid.)

Hi, how are you finding the dust build up at the back with the Liquid Crystal?

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
So some feedback now that I have this case. Holding the phone with the left hand, it can be quite tricky to swipe in from the right side (and vice versa) with one's thumb. However, there's a technique of swiping that always seems to work, so the problem is effectively solved for me.

It's quite a nice case overall and adds a lot of grip.

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Further feedback after a few more days of use. Case collects dust (mostly on the outside, but apparently it will gather visibly on the inside eventually) and fingerprints quite easily. Also tiny bubbles can be seen within the case.

The two main good things about this case:
1. Adds good grip and therefore good one-handed use
2. Lightweight