Cases for the S7 edge

alhc78

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Got this one in the mail today. Now if my phone would just show up in the mail 11 days early!

Attachments

• 1456533309862.jpg
    1456533309862.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 87

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Received my S7 Edge Case

Ordered the Ringke slim fit case. Really excited about how much smaller this is than my 6S plus. Can't wait until I have the actual phone.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Received my S7 Edge Case

I ordered the Otterbox Commuter case from Verizon's website so I don't expect to get that until I get my phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I ordered the Otterbox Commuter case from Verizon's website so I don't expect to get that until I get my phone.
If you want the case early then order the case separately from the phone. That's what I did. Assuming that case is in stock.

kstout2013

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
After much research and discussion, we got my husband the UAG in the blue for his edge which will be silver. He needs the protection as we work in EMS and well bad things happen to phones lol so unfortunately he wasn't comfortable going with one that would have shown off more of the silver. One of our final decisions between the UAG and several others (mostly SPIGEN) was that most of the others are 2 part cases and I'm always concerned they will pop apart or stop fitting together correctly, my mom had an otter box commuter that had that problem. That, and he really likes the blue of the UAG as opposed to others which only have black and maybe gun metal or whatever.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Case For S7 Edge

I received the Spigen and Ringke and they are gorgeous. Simple, minimalist cases that will afford very limited protection and have the cutouts to allow direct access to the phone's buttons. They are virtual clones of one another so I would recommend that if this is what you're looking for you won't be going wrong with either one of these. I'd say just go with the one that has the color you want. Still waiting for that Obliq case...it looks just gorgeous even though it has overlays over the phone's buttons. For now I can strongly recommend either one of the two cases I have received.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
Have you seen any cases that cove the "edge" of the Edge?
This is the determining factor for me in getting the Edge or regular S7. Why? I like the cases that wrap the edge of the glass (as most do on the regular S7). I'm afraid dropping the S7 Edge just right would easily crack the edge of the screen, since it's exposed (i.e. dropping it on the edge of a table or anything that isn't a flat floor).

I'd prefer the Edge overall (mainly for the battery; extra screen size is nice too), but I don't like the curved edge at all. I realize covering the curved edge with a case may ruin the design of the phone, but I'd rather have it protected and whole than unprotected and cracked! Thanks for any ideas!
--Kyle

Do you mean like the Spigen cases? I think a lot of us are getting those. I ordered this one.

You could always get a wallet case if you want lots of protection. I normally get one of those, but I decided I wanted something different for this phone. I always feel like my wallet cases get in the way of my ability to easily use the camera. That being said, I always feel like my phone is well protected in those cases.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Nah. The case will be pretty useless without the phone. I can wait. :)
I would rather check out the case early... Make sure I like it, and gives me a chance to order something else if it isn't right for me. Of course you can not check fitment of the phone, but you can see how it feels in the hand

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Never seen one. I doubt you will either since it would take away a function of the phone. I don't think a manufacturer could make their money back on it enough to even cover mold costs.

Your best choice if you are really worried about it is some case with a flip cover. Something like these:

Galaxy S7 Edge Case Wallet S – Spigen Inc.

http://www.amazon.com/Tauri-Feature...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5019246

With a wallet case, how does phone attach to it?
I think I want one for when I don't want to carry my handbag.
I'm thinking I will order several different ones. Wallet style and others, probably from Amazon to see which one I like.
I'm just concerned with screen edge if dropped. Wish they made the large size on flat screen. :) .

Posted from Android Central

EagleEye64

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I ordered two of these for me and granddaughter. One brown and one black. She can pick the one she wants first. LOL
Olixar Genuine Leather Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Wallet Case

Last edited:

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know any good leather cases? Or companies that typically make good leather cases? I'm not looking for the cheap fake stuff that I see under $30. I know Samsung has one under their accessories page, but I can't find that one anywhere.