Visit site
Anyone that owns either spigen neo hybrid and or versus pro shield
Which do you prefer and why. I am torn between both

Posted via the Android Central App

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge cases

I am done with cases now cause I have the S-View Flip Cover which I got for selling my gear and than I have the Symmetry which I like and have never had before only used Commuters. But I just ordered the Violet Slim Armor. It had been in my cart and they sent me an email reminding me and then out of the blue I decided to google promo codes and their was a 20% off Happy20 so I bought it just now. I kind of need a new car dock and than I 'll be done with accessories. LOL!

Niiiiiice! You waited and got a deal

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Think this makes at least 9 smartphones I've had. Never broke one. Don't drop things that I think might break. Things don't slip in my hand. I worked outside as a locksmith my whole life. I think I know how to hold onto things. Seeing all the small things in locks & safes.
And studying martial arts for years. I'm very good at grabbing things and moving with them.
I am gonna be one of the 1st people in line to get a note 6.
Never had a note, wonder what it's gonna be like to hold on to it
All my friends that had one drops it a lot.

Good for you. We're all ashamed of ourselves and very proud of you. Unfortunately, we're all incapable of holding very slippery stuff unlike yourself.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Think this makes at least 9 smartphones I've had. Never broke one. Don't drop things that I think might break. Things don't slip in my hand. I worked outside as a locksmith my whole life. I think I know how to hold onto things. Seeing all the small things in locks & safes.
And studying martial arts for years. I'm very good at grabbing things and moving with them.
I am gonna be one of the 1st people in line to get a note 6.
Never had a note, wonder what it's gonna be like to hold on to it
All my friends that had one drops it a lot.

Amen. Apparently seeing all these cases threads and screen protector threads, the majority of the population are prone to dropping their phones. I've dropped one phone in the past ten years. I have big hands though. I just use a leather flip case. It's easy to take out whenever I please so I can still show off it's beauty without it looking like a completely different phone with a bulky case or cheap plastic thin case that will not prevent any damage anyway. no-brainer

Last edited:

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
People bragging about not needing a case in a thread for phone cases...what an exciting life you must lead. Such a weird thing to be proud of.

I'm hoping Montblanc or some other high end leather cases come out. I'm surprised there aren't more for such a popular phone. I have a fantastic one for my Note 4. Hopefully they'll start rolling out soon.

Last edited:

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
People bragging about not needing a case in a thread for phone cases...what an exciting life you must lead. Such a weird thing to be proud of.

I'm hoping Montblanc or some other high end le a there cases come out. I'm surprised there aren't more for such a popular phone. I have a fantastic one for my Note 4. Hopefully they'll start rolling out soon.

I have a leather flip case. Helps if you read.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I loved the S Flip case but of course it doesn't cover the whole phone but it was all I used until I got the Symmetry. My phone fell out of my pocket at work and my husband said my phone is ok it's the screen protector that's messed up but I got scared and once the Symmetry came I have been using it ever since up until today I decided to go back to the S View I like it abd it covers the screen while in my pocket at work. Symmetry is easier for when pone sits in my car dock though. But I am sure once the Spigen comes I'll use it for awhile. I just like having a kickstand case. I usually get a wallet case too but am not since I have the S View flip one i don't need anymore and the wallet on my M9 I dropped my phone and phone was fine but the black around the sides cracked. If I was to see a good wallet that covered good I may consider it. But I usually change cases every so often, Like I'll use the S-View now but once the weekend comes and if I go out to the bar and need to take pictures and video I'll want my Symmetry or Spigen if it's here by then.

So, what case do you use the most on your phone?

Mark Hersey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I am torn as to which case to buy. I am currently torn between the otterbox symmetry or a Spigen case. If I go for a Spigen case, I am torn between the "Rugged Armor" the "Tough Armor" or the "Slim Armor".

Requirements:

- I want something that gives a high level of protection against drops while being as thin as possible.
- I want to be able to use a screen protector (preferably glass, but I can't see any decent ones out there).

If anyone is able to offer any thoughts then that would be great.

Cheers

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

I am torn as to which case to buy. I am currently torn between the otterbox symmetry or a Spigen case. If I go for a Spigen case, I am torn between the "Rugged Armor" the "Tough Armor" or the "Slim Armor".

Requirements:

- I want something that gives a high level of protection against drops while being as thin as possible.
- I want to be able to use a screen protector (preferably glass, but I can't see any decent ones out there).

Cheers

There is a dude that posted the UAG CASE. I went and got one. Think it meets military specs. Great case.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I like the Spigen slim armor. Felt better to me than the Symmetry. Personal preference I guess.

And on another note, cases are made of different materials that aren't always the best to hold onto. Considering we have natural oils on our skin, and other situations that just may make us accidentally drop our phones. It's just something that's bound to happen at some point. If you've never dropped your phone, more power to you. I just choose to hold my phone naturally and not like a vice grip. To each their own.

I got the slim armor as well, and I do like it but I feel like it makes the phone super heavy compared to other cases I have tried. Do you agree?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
And what is your favorite go to case for the S7 edge?
If this is an open question to everyone, my go to case is the Spigen Tough Armor. But that's because I work in construction so I use it every day. No screen protector btw.
The case is already scratched on the back because my phone had fallen twice from a 6 foot ladder.

Now my favorite case is...well, can't really decide. I guess it depends on the occasion.
On weekends, to go out, I use my VRS Design black and red leather case. I really like this case a lot.
When I'm home or to go quickly to the store or stuff, I use one of my clear cases.
uploadfromtaptalk1459283187922.jpg
Hi all

Requirements:

Cheers

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I got the slim armor as well, and I do like it but I feel like it makes the phone super heavy compared to other cases I have tried. Do you agree?

Now that you mentioned it, I just changed cases for a sec and it does make the phone a bit heavier than my basic thin Speck case. I don't know if I'd use the words "super heavy" but it does slightly add more weight. But... If you rate the amount of protection you get with this case along with the minimal bulk, I'd say it's amongst the best.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

My Slim Armor has been shipped. I'll use it more at work for watching videos on breaks. When I go out on the weekends I'll use my Symmetry probably. I am using my flip cover now I switch back and forth.

Now that you mentioned it, I just changed cases for a sec and it does make the phone a bit heavier than my basic thin Speck case. I don't know if I'd use the words "super heavy" but it does slightly add more weight. But... If you rate the amount of protection you get with this case along with the minimal bulk, I'd say it's amongst the best.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I have the spec case.
I can't feel where it's any bulkier or heavier. You better get the scales out that will measure grams.