Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
My always on display moves all over it doesn't stay at the top portion of the screen sometimes it's at the bottom or middle or off center.

Posted via the Android Central App

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My always on display moves all over it doesn't stay at the top portion of the screen sometimes it's at the bottom or middle or off center.

I would think that's intentional (to prevent screen burn-in, which can happen on AMOLED displays)?

nnbadboy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the edge, snap dragon T-Mobile version. I am coming from the note 5 and have a few problems similar to that. The phone was hot like others say but that went away after a day. The screen lags a bit when scrolling on Web pages and I believe theverything animation might be set high because its slower to open apps and transition between screens. The screen seems overly responsive as it constantly opens links when scrolling and clicks links very annoying night be a combination of the scroll lag. Any ideas? Also the keyboard lags and can keep up at times when typing fast happens a lot in the messaging app and hangouts app. The great thing about it is the battery life, I was able to get 5 hours and 45 minutes of on screen time the last 3 days. To me that is phenomenal I wasn't even able to get 3 hours out of my note 5. And the camera is amazing expecially in low light.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Have you gone into developer mode and turned down the animations? I've done that for every Samsung I've had and it works wonders. I will be doing that within 5 seconds of turning on my 7 Edge for the first time.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Interesting as the Exynos doesn't lag or stutter at all in all the webpages I've tried (I've browsed image heavy sites like IGN, Android Central, BBC etc.). It would make sense though as Anandtech have found that Android web browsers are heavily multi-threaded.

mike3000

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I have found 2 minor issues so far. One issues is that I have disabled the lookout security app, but somehow it manages to enable itself after few days, which means I have to disable it again.

A 2nd issue is that when my phone is on vibrate on occasion, I still gets sounds from notifications. Turning sound back on and then back to vibrate fixes the issue.

capncoad

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. The Samsung browser is a powerhouse compared to Chrome.

I've always noticed that Chrome has run extremely poorly on Samsung phones, because when I switched to the Nexus 6P, Chrome was super fast. I even did side by side page loading between the Chrome browser on the Samsung phone and the Chrome browser on the Nexus 6P and it wasn't even a contest. It was like two different browsers were running. The Samsung browser was the only thing that came close to Chrome on the Nexus. So something is up with that.

(This was the S6 Edge btw)

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I think the Exynos was a better chip then the snapdragon 810. But the 820 has been revised totally different chip heating should not be and issue

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I've always noticed that Chrome has run extremely poorly on Samsung phones, because when I switched to the Nexus 6P, Chrome was super fast. I even did side by side page loading between the Chrome browser on the Samsung phone and the Chrome browser on the Nexus 6P and it wasn't even a contest. It was like two different browsers were running. The Samsung browser was the only thing that came close to Chrome on the Nexus. So something is up with that.

(This was the S6 Edge btw)

Samsung optimizes its own apps for their phones. Supposedly Sammy has optimized the living hell out of the stock browser for this run of Galaxy phones.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I would prefer to not have the image burned into my screen?

mrkalel

Oct 2, 2010
www.twitter.com
Samsung optimizes its own apps for their phones. Supposedly Sammy has optimized the living hell out of the stock browser for this run of Galaxy phones.
Yeah... It's ridiculous how horrible Chrome runs... Also in app browsing as well (Twitter etc).
I hope an update fixes that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87