Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like lots of issues. Some people may have them and not even know it like I seldom use video recorder and never use snapchat.

nastynate2002

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I find that my split screen app keeps popping up like I'm holding down the multitasking button.

Posted via the Android Central App

I've noticed the same thing on my vzw edge. There's an app on the playstore that disables the multiwindow function and that seems to have fixed it but it also turns off the ability to multitask window... Kind of a crappy comprise

zainsikander32

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Please help me guys. I've been having this issue since yesterday. Google now isn't saving my reminders.

Attachments

• 124420.jpg
    124420.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 179

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This article shows the Exynos as having a 10-30% better battery life and describes the Snapdraon 820 as, "Relatively poor battery performance", It also notes the poor audio and video slo-mo for the U.S. models which we have seen complaints about on this and other forums.

Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: Snapdragon 820 vs Exynos 8890

Also, the overclocked quad core Snapdragon is noticeably slower than Samsung's own octa core Exynos as this video demonstrates...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=233f0ewFWGk

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a crash when trying to get into the Do Not Disturb settings.

Did you ever get a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue. Whenever I try to go into do not disturb settings the settings app crashes.

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever get a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue. Whenever I try to go into do not disturb settings the settings app crashes.

I did. I opened up those settings by long pressing the DND quick settings from the notification panel. After that, I was able to open up those settings from the regular settings page.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I saw a GS7 Edge on Swappa today that looked like the paint on the home button had started peeling off. It looked black in some places. Thats weird because I thought it was covered by glass.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone seen this before? You think Samsung would cover this under warranty?

Attachments

• 235.jpg
    235.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 59

Saige Martin

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
My US version of the Verizon S7 edge did a factory reset on its own. I now have no access because it asks for a synced gmail account. I have 2 accounts synced and it recognizes neither. It says it needs the owners email. I am the only owner. Verizon's solution? I wait 3 days to get a refurbished unit in the mail. It's 18 days old and is my primary work number.

Kristian Nikolov

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Guys I am having an issue with the glass at area arround the speaker grill . There is a spot around it which is a bit darker black and looks like a smudge. When seen under direct light it is very easy to notice. I cannot determine though whether this is something at the top of the glass or inside and whether that might have compromised the water resistance. Does any one of you has a similar issue or experience which such a problem and what is the best thing to do. Here in my country I must wait about 30 days if I return it under warranty so if it is just a cosmetic issue I can live with it.
IMG_20160401_220758.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty