No samsung browser on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, so Verizon won't allow a Samsung app on a Samsung phone. Would be like not allowing the iPhone to have Safari browser.

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Ya know: the most likely explanation for not being able to download the browser from the Play Store is because Samsung hasn't updated compatibility for it yet. This isn't a problem if the browser is already installed which is why it's fine with other carriers.

Edit: the last update on the store was Oct. last year. Just be patient and at least wait until it's updated before jumping to conclusions. Use FireFox or Dolphin in the meantime if you don't like Chrome.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Ya know: the most likely explanation for not being able to download the browser from the Play Store is because Samsung hasn't updated compatibility for it yet. This isn't a problem if the browser is already installed which is why it's fine with other carriers.

Edit: the last update on the store was Oct. last year. Just be patient and at least wait until it's updated before jumping to conclusions. Use FireFox or Dolphin in the meantime if you don't like Chrome.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure last year on the S6s for VZW, there was no Samsung browser. Ever.

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure last year on the S6s for VZW, there was no Samsung browser. Ever.

Hmmmm interesting. Verizon must have made a deal with Samsung to take that specific model off the compatibility list on the Play Store or something as I'm fairly certain that the carrier can't just restrict what you can download off the Play Store.

Edit: I dunno looks like it was able to be downloaded at some point: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/516633-verizon-s6-where-s-stock-browser.html

Oh wait are they talking about the stock browser?

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung browser was not on the Verizon S6 as a default app but was made available at some point later in Google Play...cause I have it on my Verizon S6. I think the suggestion that all we need is an update for it to work on the Verizon S7 is correct as the "about" in the app says that it will be updated to version 4.something or other in March.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

That doesn't explain why it would be on all the other versions except the Verizon one

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
That doesn't explain why it would be on all the other versions except the Verizon one

Verizon has pulled stupid stunts like this in the past. It's to the point if something's missing, and you mention it's a Verizon phone, people just walk away from the conversation. They've done this with Google Wallet, Samsung Pay, and the stock browser on the S6 from what I can recall off the top of my head.

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm oddly optimistic for the Play Store update coming this month.

Verizon surprised me with the most timely Marshmallow update on the Note 5, so who knows!?

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
There's also Adblock browser available through the Play store until Samsung updates the Play Store version of their browser. I got v4 of the Samsung browser on my Verizon Note 5 with the Marshmallow update and the ad blocking works very well. But then, Verizon always allowed the Samsung browser on the Note series. I'll hate to lose it when I get my s7 Edge. Samsung should use their market might to prevent carriers from messing with their phones. We'll probably lose the White Pages dialer integreation as well so Verizon can sell us Caller Name ID.