Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I got an approval message today for the VR. Oh well, hoped for the SR and don't know what I'll do with the VR. Not sour grapes but a realist. I don't play games at all. Anyone want to trade a VR for an SR?

April 30th ship. Finally got the sign up to work on March 17th

Dang, I applied for the S2 watch and I just got an emailing saying since it was for a business they can only give me the VR. I bought a VR on ebay last week already too :(

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Same boat here. Sucks i got the same email about them shipping the VR instead of the S2 because of a business purchase. I already have the VR.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I just got that email too. Do you know what that means? What is this business purchase they are talking about? I ordered it through the Verizon website.

techiegirl

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Do I have to wait for the VR to arrive before downloading the games? The email says I can set up my Oculus account on the Galaxy, but I don't see an App on my phone, Galaxy store or Google Play Store.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I just got that email too. Do you know what that means? What is this business purchase they are talking about? I ordered it through the Verizon website.

It means the account you have with Verizon is structured as a business account and not a personal account.

Croq360

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Fedex just delivered my Gear VR headset!!! The email I got had an estimated shipping date of April 1, but here it is! Can't wait to get home and mess with it!

2016-03-23.jpg

DonnyD520

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
also got my 4/1/16 ship date in my email. as well as my free year of netflix code, which i immediately redeemed and did some binge watching of daredevil

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I just spoke with the rebate company. They said there is 'an email issue' whereby they are sending emails that claim the applied for gift (the S2) will be sent the VR headset instead. She said this is a widespread issue but that the S2 I applied for on the 11th of March will be sent April 18th. Hope this helps!

Kacie Sakai

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
My status sas approved, pending shipment, but I never got a confirmation email. I also can not get ahold of prize logic to talk to them about the shipping address, as they never asked for it when I was signing up for the promotion. Do they just use the shipping address on the receipt you uploaded? My phone is through Verizon, not sure if that makes a difference

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
My status sas approved, pending shipment, but I never got a confirmation email. I also can not get ahold of prize logic to talk to them about the shipping address, as they never asked for it when I was signing up for the promotion. Do they just use the shipping address on the receipt you uploaded? My phone is through Verizon, not sure if that makes a difference

You should have filled out an address when you submitted the claim.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I just spoke with the rebate company. They said there is 'an email issue' whereby they are sending emails that claim the applied for gift (the S2) will be sent the VR headset instead. She said this is a widespread issue but that the S2 I applied for on the 11th of March will be sent April 18th. Hope this helps!

Are you talking about the email that stated this:

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved; however because the
purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business
purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game
bundle. We will ship your Samsung Gear VR to the mailing address you
provided when registering for this Offer. Your estimated shipping date is
April 18, 2016.

Kacie Sakai

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
You should have filled out an address when you submitted the claim.

Is it possibly because I filled that information out once, before I knew I had to have to Mac code, so I went back a few days later when I got my phone? I believe the first time I tried I put my address in but a few days later all I did was enter the email, did it possibly save my address with that email and that's why it didn't ask again?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87