Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

tcox8

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Submitted on 3/11. Just checked Fedex Manager and I have a 2.2 lb package coming from Plainfield IN (less than a hour from me). It has a scheduled delivery date of yesterday so I don't think that's accurate haha!

Joseph Slone

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Submitted 3/10. Estimated shipping date 4/8. Fedex manager says that the label was created on 4/2. No progress since. Been in the hospital with a collapsed lung for the past week. Hoping to have a new watch before I get back on my feet lol. It's still within the 4-6 week estimate so I can't complain too much. Good luck everyone!

Posted via the Android Central App

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Submitted on 3/11. Just checked Fedex Manager and I have a 2.2 lb package coming from Plainfield IN (less than a hour from me). It has a scheduled delivery date of yesterday so I don't think that's accurate haha!

Remember when we all had phones delivered in 1858? :)

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
From what I picked up when I called it seems they go off your approval date. Not that it helps those who submitted 8th or 9th. My approval date was the 13th.

Somewhere on planet earth!

SpinDisc

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
How do you know when your approval date was? I submitted, and never heard anything back. I eventually went on the promo website to check my status to see I was approved, but I never received an e-mail saying that my status had changed (other than the mass e-mail everyone received on April 7th - which was well after the website stated I was approved).

With the large numbers of people claiming S2's & VR's it doesn't surprise me that there are this many hiccups. Just seems more disjointed than it needs to be. Ah well...

jdouglas22

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
A little off topic here, anyone who had received their s2, is there a way to change ringtone to a custom one? I've ported songs onto the watch and such to no avail. I really want to live out my child hood fantasy and have this sound like a MMPR wrist communicator. Haha. I just save my wife as zordon. Just need the communicator jingle.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So my shipping date was 4/18th...yesterday I was hand delivered this 😁😁😁 I had blast with it!!

Attachments

• 1460309540633.jpg
    1460309540633.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 43

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Getting to be ridiculous, filed the 9th accepted a couple days later and no emails, nothing, shipping pending probably for 3 plus weeks now, while others get there's that did it after is jus bs, honestly I better recieve it this week if not Verizon won't be very happy when I cancel all 10 lines on my account and walk from them, or they will give me one from store, I will not wait longer, nothing in fedex, or on the promotion site, how ****ty of company is prize logic, obviously ****ty, if they can't get this right, and when I called waited for 35 mins, then they pick up put me on hold then hung up on me, called back and had to wait another 35 mins and all they saif I was accepted, but no other info

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Getting to be ridiculous, filed the 9th accepted a couple days later and no emails, nothing, shipping pending probably for 3 plus weeks now, while others get there's that did it after is jus bs, honestly I better recieve it this week if not Verizon won't be very happy when I cancel all 10 lines on my account and walk from them, or they will give me one from store, I will not wait longer, nothing in fedex, or on the promotion site, how ****ty of company is prize logic, obviously ****ty, if they can't get this right, and when I called waited for 35 mins, then they pick up put me on hold then hung up on me, called back and had to wait another 35 mins and all they saif I was accepted, but no other info

I totally get being pissed off that they're fulfilling out of order. But to offer another perspective... they initially claimed a limit of 30/35k (can't remember which) of the S2s and what was it... 100k of the VRs? Personally, I was just going to be pissed if I didn't receive an S2. They also claimed a wait of 4-6 weeks (or was it 6-8)? Anyway... it seemed questionable that most of us would get either. So I just try to stay happy that I'm getting that which was offered within the timeframe they stated. I disagree - strongly - with the, "Be happy with your FREE [Vr/S2]", though, because some of us factored that in to buying these on preorder... as in before they were tested with reviews posted by real consumers. So I don't see it so much as a freebie, but a value added item that had shoddy terms and conditions that allowed PrizeLogic to be off the hook at any turn.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
The terms did say 4-6 originally and then updated to 6-8. I doubt verizon is going to give one since you have one coming but all the more power to you to try. I just can't understand why some are so overly angry. It is a free gift that you are getting. Most would have gotten the phone whether the watch was offered or not. I understand being upset because they are not going in any order but really why stress yourself out over a smart watch. There are other things more important than it. That's my 2 cents.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
The other thing is people that have already gotten them most I read are jus selling them, it's like I want to use mine, and they filed after I guess I should of waited a day or two to file

AshxHand

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I would not have upgraded to the s7 had it not been for the watch. That was the deciding factor. At this point I would be upset that it said it was ready for shipping WEEKS ago, anyway. However I am REALLY upset that people who submitted after me have received their watch while I still have nothing.

That1Mexican

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Just a heads up but it may be faster to take the 100 EGiftCard from Samsung and buy the VR from their site. I originally submitted 3/18 and approved but no ship Date. I opted for the gift card and recieved it 4/7 and bought the Vr that same day. Now it was delivered to me 4/9(unfortunately I wasn't home and have to wait till 4/11). Attaching photo of Fedex tracking.4608.jpg

jyarbrough20

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Entered for s2 on 3/19..approved 3/20.....looked at fed ex delivery manager today and looks like my watch will be here on Tuesday...hopeful

Attachments

• 753.jpg
    753.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 130

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non