Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Crosis47

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Submitted on 3/11 for S2 and 3/15 for VR. Both approved by 3/18.
Submissions suddenly rejected without email or any notice on 4/1. Called PrizeLogic and was told it was due to "DUPLICATE" moniker on receipts retrieved from VZW.com (I never save paper when I can get same docs online.) After spending the weekend on and off the phone with VZW and PrizeLogic and going to my local VZW store trying to get original receipts, miraculously, on 4/4 my submissions were changed back to approved and ship date of 5/18 added to VR, S2 still showing Pending.

Message changed for both on the same day as everyone else's did to "In route", date disappeared from VR.
Thursday 4/14 - Fedex tracking number added for S2 and date of 5/18 added back to VR.
Saturday 4/16 - Gear S2 3G (m/n: RM-730V) was delivered to my front door weighing in at 0.9 lbs.

Saturday evening, I took sealed Gear S2 to local VZW store and asked if I could swap it for a Gear S2 Classic 3G. The guys said yes if they could find a way in the system to do it. After 9 different attempts, 80 minutes in-store and ultimately fudging the system, they managed to accept it as a return and sell me a Classic 3G for a difference of $100. The system would only see it as a contract device for some reason no matter how they did it so I lost $50 on that but they waved the restock fee and discounted activation to make it up. :)

I did not receive an email with the tracking info until Sunday so the site updated with tracking first for me.

Now just waiting on the VR.

Last edited:

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Submissions suddenly rejected without email or any notice on 4/1. Called PrizeLogic and was told it was due to "DUPLICATE" moniker on receipts retrieved from VZW.com (I never save paper when I can get same docs online.) After spending the weekend on and off the phone with VZW and PrizeLogic and going to my local VZW store trying to get original receipts, miraculously, on 4/4 my submissions were changed back to approved and ship date of 5/18 added to VR, S2 still showing Pending.

Message changed for both on the same day as everyone else's did to "In route", date disappeared from VR.
Thursday 4/14 - Fedex tracking number added for S2 and date of 5/18 added back to VR.
Saturday 4/16 - Gear S2 3G (m/n: RM-730V) was delivered to my front door weighing in at 0.9 lbs.

Saturday evening, I took sealed Gear S2 to local VZW store and asked if I could swap it for a Gear S2 Classic 3G. The guys said yes if they could find a way in the system to do it. After 9 different attempts, 80 minutes in-store and ultimately fudging the system, they managed to accept it as a return and sell me a Classic 3G for a difference of $100. The system would only see it as a contract device for some reason no matter how they did it so I lost $50 on that but they waved the restock fee and discounted activation to make it up. :)

I did not receive an email with the tracking info until Sunday so the site updated with tracking first for me.

That is very interesting, thank you for the info regarding possibilities, I am sure YMMV but worth a try.......

Ipse_Tase

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Sad Canadian story: was told that corporate accounts don't qualify. So no bonus offers for corp users, despite monthly fees being almost the same as for regular customers. Damn Rogers - right now they even offer an S2 PLUS the VR headset for upgrades.

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, my status got changed back to approved estimated shipping 4/18. PL rep stated what we all knew, that submission status website is wack when going through maintenance.

Submitted 3/11 but got the approval VR mistake email 3/23 so it seems i'm on the later shipment list whenever that is.

I presume by the time i get mine the S3 watch will be out.

AshxHand

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Finally got a tracking number today. Prize logic still says in route. Submitted March 9th and approved a few days later.

Posted via the Android Central App

aechulo82588

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I submitted on the 18th have been approved by the 22nd with ship date pending to then in route to being processed back to in route and no tracking number or info in FedEx manager. This is for Verizon gear s2 however I just received a text from vrz asking if I needed help setting up s2? So my question is for those that received their s2 did you get a text from Verizon before you got the watch?

coreynjoey

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Submitted for S2 on 3/18.
On 4/15 I got a notice in Fed Ex Manager that a label was created.
Today 4/20, the package was finally picked up.
Delivery due 4/26.

Of course, my status still says "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
This is why people like me are angry. If we submitted 3/11 or earlier then we should recieve the products submitted for earlier then those who submitted later. Ugh!!
Submitted for S2 on 3/18.
On 4/15 I got a notice in Fed Ex Manager that a label was created.
Today 4/20, the package was finally picked up.
Delivery due 4/26.

Of course, my status still says "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
This is why people like me are angry. If we submitted 3/11 or earlier then we should recieve the products submitted for earlier then those who submitted later. Ugh!!

Ditto! No information received but the dumb email.. 3/10 submission . Status in route nothing in fedex manager

jwalk87

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Ditto! No information received but the dumb email.. 3/10 submission . Status in route nothing in fedex manager

Same here. Submitted the morning of March 9th. Just sent an email to the Prizelogic CEO this evening. Customer service is terrible.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
3/9 submission is 'in route' no email, no tracking, no ship date, but thanks to fedex, I know it will be here tomorrow

3/22 submission is 'shipping date pending', until yesterday was 'processing for shipment'

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

I dont get how you lost 50 bucks on the deal if you got your S2 for free as part of the thread topic. Cool you were able to swap it for a classic... but IMO 100 is 100 too much for a classic or S2 if you really net it out.

fbebbs

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Just got a label created in Fed Ex Delivery Manager. Label was created 4/20 and it says deliver by 4/21. May or may not be accurate but just glad I got something. Submitted for the S2 3/11.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana