Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Got vr though they confirmed it should be s2.
They claim due to location code (xfinity promo).
Anyone else?

Posted via the Android Central App

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Well my package is out for delivery today. Strange thing though is that it's not coming from my local fedex but from one that's a couple of hours away. Hope nothing is screwed up.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So here's a question. If you get a VR instead of the S2 you were expecting, can you use the $200 Samsung credit to use towards a Bluetooth S2 and then take both the VR and Bluetooth S2 to exchange for a 3G S2?? I still have no idea what's going to show up at my door step (if anything ever does...) so one of you that's in talks with Verizon (if they end up not able to give you the watch) might ask that.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Same for me. Location code E184001. I was told directly by PL that I was getting the S2 and I inevitably received the VR yesterday.

Same here but PL told me it was due to out of stock and I was approved for S2. I even called PL before I bought the phone to make sure it wouldn't be a problem (but I was naive and didn't realize how little the reps know about anything). I still wonder if we have a case against them at this point. It is looking like this is more the reason, people got S2s this week from probably the same place I got my VR from. PL reps probably just assume we got the VR due to being out of stock and didn't bother to investigate further.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well my package is out for delivery today. Strange thing though is that it's not coming from my local fedex but from one that's a couple of hours away. Hope nothing is screwed up.

If it is screwed up just remember, it was "free"... ;)

Last edited:

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone who's been approved for the S2 and still showing ship date pending and have nothing in fedex delivery manager?

That is me! 3/9 submission, Samsung site approval 3/16, PL email approval 4/7. lots of swaping between in route pending for the next few weeks then today still pending

3/9! first come first serve! LOL

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
That is me! 3/9 submission, Samsung site approval 3/16, PL email approval 4/7. lots of swaping between in route pending for the next few weeks then today still pending

3/9! first come first serve! LOL

Same here submitted 3/10 approved 3/13 for 2 gear S2s.
Starting to wonder if it's a good thing maybe we will get lucky with getting the actual S2s very doubtful though

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I finally received my first ever email from PL that was not a response to an email I sent and it's the effing "in-store or business purchase" email... I'm pissed right now. I did NOT buy these in stores nor do I have a business account...

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone who's been approved for the S2 and still showing ship date pending and have nothing in fedex delivery manager?

Yes, I submitted on 3/12 for one VR and one S2. The VR was delivered earlier this week. My S2 submission is still pending. I got the 4/7 email about summer 2016 and that's it. Still holding out hope I'm getting my S2 since I followed the rules to a "T".

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
, Yes, that's me, although I am repeatedly told that I am still going to get the S2, but not for a couple weeks....they keep sticking to the 4-6 weeks after the 4/7 email approval date which puts me in May. I'm still (foolishly) hopeful.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Mine also came from a fed ex that's about a hour away instead of the normal one that's about 35-40 mins away. I've never had one come from the one it came from. So it's not only you.

tllippert

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Submitted March 17 for 2 S2's, several days later my status was "Approved: preparing for shipment".
On 4/27 received the " in-store and/or online business
purchase" email and that I was getting the VR instead of the S2.
On 4/28 called Prizelogic. The lady said that I was still showing that I was supposed to be getting the S2's. She took my phone number and told me that a supervisor would be calling me. Like many on this thread I only purchased the S7 for the free S2.

briandor

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It won't be coming from your regular FedEx location. They are shipping FedEx Home Delivery which is a completely different organization than regular FedEx. They use different locations and everything. For a little history FedEx ground is the former RPS ground delivery service that FedEx purchased and re-branded. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FedEx_Ground

I'm in the same boat as you right now with my package out for delivery. If I remember correctly we both submitted on the 3/16 and approved 3/18.