Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

slacker74

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Interestingly I just checked the status page and my tracking number is now listed. I should get my package Wednesday...I'm still not 100% confident of what's in it yet.

I'm also thinking of trying to "upgrade" to the classic if I do get my S2.

Posted via the Android Central App

LOL, I'm not 100% confident either on delivery tomorrow and according to fedex my package is 35 miles away from my house.

Posted via the Silver Slacker

aechulo82588

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
so just got email about tracking number a few minutes ago, so looks like my is coming tomorrow, submitted 3/18 got approval email 4/7 label created 4/28 in FDM and movement as of 5/8 and delivery date of 5/10 and samsung page has tracking number listed now

rocktoad13

May 6, 2016
Visit site
So I get a Samsung email this morning..."your gift is on the way"

Image in the email is VR 😨

Nowhere in the email does it say S2.

Delivery in FDM still showing tomorrow for me.

Toad

santims

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I purchased some fertilizer about a month after I submitted my Gear S2 rebate. It came with a rebate that I mailed in a week or so later. I have received 2 emails about the status with crystal clear information. Crazy....It is fertilizer.

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
There are no legal grounds for suing anyone on this. Nevermind the arbitration and choice of forum clause which also prevents you from such an action. It follows NY law only. Doesn't matter what your state laws are.

It isn't a bait and switch either. It's annoying, but not illegal.

You're probably better off getting a $200 e-cert anyways and a VR. The Gear S2 was $249 recently and I'd rather the option to get the classic instead.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So, here is how badly I apparently want this dang promo to resolve itself. I actually had a dream last night that I checked my status and there was a package in my FDM from Brightpoint... In my dream I even double checked "to make sure I wasn't dreaming". When I woke up this morning I checked my FDM and :sad trombone:.... lol. I just can't believe how many people that submitted 3/17-21 are posting that they're watches are on their way with tracking while the rest of us are still just waiting with no movement.

There are no legal grounds for suing anyone on this. Nevermind the arbitration and choice of forum clause which also prevents you from such an action. It follows NY law only. Doesn't matter what your state laws are.

You're probably better off getting a $200 e-cert anyways and a VR. The Gear S2 was $249 recently and I'd rather the option to get the classic instead.

Unless you're like me and actually want the 3G version, which you can't buy from Samsung.

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got a tracking number last night it should be delivered by today sometime I submitted 18th for the s2 but in the email it just said free gift is on the way

chrimen

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I just received a tracking number last night.
It says I should expect it tomorrow.
I submitted on 3/12.
Received code rejection email on 3/22, (I pre-ordered through Verizon and sent in the actual receipt that says online purchase, I did not order through any other promotion).
Received 4/7 approval email for an S2. That was confusing.
Checked my email this morning and saw I had an email with a tracking number and a package from Fed-Ex for 0.9 lbs.

Hang in there those who submitted from 3/9 to 3/12. Hopefully you'll get the S2 soon.

Last edited:

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I submitted on 3/12.
Received code rejection email on 3/22, (I pre-ordered through Verizon and sent in the actual receipt that says online purchase, I did not order through any other promotion).
Checked my email and saw I had an email with a tracking number and a package from Fed-Ex for 0.9 lbs.

Hang in there those who submitted from 3/9 to 3/12. Hopefully your get the S2 soon.

I am happy that someone in the 3/9-3/12 time period is getting a watch and yes the 0.9 is the s2 congrats. I submitted 3/11 my fingers are crossed.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Image in the email is VR ������

Toad

txt from fedex... it is out for delivery as of 719am, delivery expected 10:30-2:30pm today..... and then received email from samsung promotions(w/pic of VR but I know it is the S2) that my gift is in route with a tracking number, the first time out of 3 deliveries samsung sent this email before item was delivered (albeit this time it was emailed on the day of delivery instead of 2 weeks after it was deliverd)

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

What about a filing with the FTC?

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

Image in the email is VR 😨

Toad

what is the weight of the package? check in fdm..... .9lbs and it's an s2...

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
UPDATED:Waited 4 days for the $200 ecode. Nothing. Called PL yet again. (surprisingly, they answered, no waiting). They are "sorry for the delay", and I should receive the eCert today. Imagine my confidence level.....

FINAL UPDATE: Received $200 eCert this morning. Used at Samsung.com to purchase the Gear S2 Classic. Should arrive in 1-3 days. Theoretically, sometime in June I should receive the VR. For that, I am not holding my breath. Writing that one off.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I submitted on 3/12.
Checked my email this morning and saw I had an email with a tracking number and a package from Fed-Ex for 0.9 lbs.

Hang in there those who submitted from 3/9 to 3/12. Hopefully your get the S2 soon.

As a 3/13 submitter still waiting, this made me relax a little bit. :D

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
PL done goofed if I end up getting a VR... lol
6460d9efb48c4cf6b38461bd8bf05db7.jpg

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I wish you all good luck in getting your watches..I ended up getting the BS location code audit excuse, and switched to 3 Gear VRs, and upon calling prizelogic I also got 3 $200.00 eCerts for Samsung...but I posted earlier that I sent a 2 page letter to Samsung's Corporate office. I went into all the gory details, and even provided the address of this forum telling them they should check it out for themselves.

Well, and this is why I say good luck...you are going to need it...even the corporate office doesn't address your concerns or answer your questions...They did not address ONE concern that I raised...NOT ONE. They just repeated the same BS. BTW, I used my PO Box for the letter, NOT the promo...

"Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics of America. Your feedback is important to us as it allows us to better understand how we can improve our and your customer service experience.

We have received your letter regarding your Samsung Gear Promotion and we appreciate the opportunity to respond. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We have contacted Prizelogic regarding your concerns. As per Prizelogic, Since the consumer did not provide an email address used to register and the return address is a PO Box (which is not accepted in the promotion), we can only assume which submission they are referring to. A consumer with the same name as the letter registered three submissions and uploaded a receipt without a valid location code, which bumped their S2 selection to the VR.

To address your letter of concern, you may contact our customer service department via telephone at 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864). You may also contact us on our website at Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US where you may talk to a live chat agent or send us an email.

Regards,

Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
105 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall