Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Rubin G

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Mine will be her tomm hopefully but I'm not holding my breath. But I put it in the last day avialble was approved the next day.

Posted via the Android Central App

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm excited it is finally coming! But I just moved and I have to have someone pick it up and mail it to me :-( so it will come today and then I have to wait till they mail it!!!

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Mine will be her tomm hopefully but I'm not holding my breath. But I put it in the last day avialble was approved the next day.

you should be happy to have some sort of movement. there are a **** ton of us who submitted between the 9th and 12th and nothing.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/11, still pending. I logged into Samsung.com & noticed that they are no longer even listing the Verizon version of the S2. Also, when I log in to my Samsung account, it only shows the VR as an accessory for the S7....the S2 that used to show up next to the VR is gone. Not sure exactly when it changed.....sometime in the last 2 weeks, but I find it interesting. Does this mean they are going to stop making the Verizon S2s?

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You will not believe this...When I purchased the watch, there was a free watchband offer. Apparently, something went wrong in the order process, as I did not receive the extra band. Called Samsung..supervisor said they had received several calls regarding the same issue, and they "would get back with me."
Sound familar??? Never did call me back..I have now made 3 calls...today..they said, and I quote, "There's not no more we can do about it, that promo is over." I told them to send me a return authorization...F with a capital F Samsung and their 200.00 eCert...they are nothing more than scam artists...and throw Prizelogic in for good measure...If Samsung is the last cellphone, TV or overall electronics mfg. left in the world..I guess I'll be living life like a caveman because I will never buy another of their products. What a bunch of crooks...

Sector4208

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I too used my Ecert and ordered an extra charging base and cable. The package came with the base only and no cord as stated in item description. I am still waiting for a resolution as they said it could take weeks to process. Oh and they "just started a new procedure" yesterday on how to handle this. So 5 days into the return process and things just are getting moving...they claim I should hear something in 4 business days or less.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
won't do any good, but messaged their facebook page.

"I would ask about the status of my GearS2 claim, but I know there is no point. I have emailed and called numerous times and are given a different made up response every time. I just wanted to let you know that I will never participate in another PrizeLogic promotion ever again. I am sure companies will second guess using PrizeLogic to handle any of their promotions after they read the hundreds of pages of complaints that are flooding the message boards. I submitted the day that the S7 was released. I have waited almost 9 weeks since submitting without and kind of delivery or tracking notification. Meanwhile, customers who submitted WEEKS after me have already received their watch. What kind of promotion company thinks that this is the right way of handling a promotion?"

Got my reply. It was as useless as I had imagined.

"Thank you for following up. You are approved to receive the Gear S2 watch offer! At this time we do not have the tracking information available, as we are working to process the gift and ship it to you. As soon as the tracking information is available, you will receive the update to your email."

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Got my reply. It was as useless as I had imagined.

"Thank you for following up. You are approved to receive the Gear S2 watch offer! At this time we do not have the tracking information available, as we are working to process the gift and ship it to you. As soon as the tracking information is available, you will receive the update to your email."
They must have extensive training in how to respond without actually saying ANYTHING useful.

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I filed the 9th of March and haven't got ****, it's bs honestly, especially people weeks after have there's already and I have a pending shipping date for the last month and half

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
"FedEx National Service Disruption is in effect". Even FedEx has me playing the waiting game! Haha

I received email earlier about service disruption, S2 was supposed to be here by 2pm and was getting ready to walk out front door thinking delivery date would be changed due to bad weather here and white and green fedex truck pulled up with S2 as I am walking out..... thankfully I waited a few more minutes cuz the last one was left on porch in the rain. This was for label created on 4/28... the previous 2 were delivered right after label was created.......

this was for silver s7edge pre-ordered March 2nd and submitted on 3/18.... 3/9 and 3/10 submissions for S2 already arrived over a month ago.........

so anyone still waiting for their 3-9/ - 3/12 submissions do not believe that non-sense from PL about running out or wait another 6-8 weeks, etc..... there is no reason in the world I should have received my S2 for 3/18 submission while people who submitted 3/9, 3/10, etc are getting VRs and being told we ran out and just deal with it.........

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Last night I received a tracking number and I should received my items on 5/12. I submitted on 3/11. I hope everyone receives there items soon!.

SMastro3

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I received email earlier about service disruption, S2 was supposed to be here by 2pm and was getting ready to walk out front door thinking delivery date would be changed due to bad weather here and white and green fedex truck pulled up with S2 as I am walking out..... thankfully I waited a few more minutes cuz the last one was left on porch in the rain. This was for label created on 4/28... the previous 2 were delivered right after label was created.......

this was for silver s7edge pre-ordered March 2nd and submitted on 3/18.... 3/9 and 3/10 submissions for S2 already arrived over a month ago.........

so anyone still waiting for their 3-9/ - 3/12 submissions do not believe that non-sense from PL about running out or wait another 6-8 weeks, etc..... there is no reason in the world I should have received my S2 for 3/18 submission while people who submitted 3/9, 3/10, etc are getting VRs and being told we ran out and just deal with it.........

Was the FedEx tracker stuck on 'in transit: departed from Indianapolis' for you too when it got delivered?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty