Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

tedkord

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Submitted 3/23, approved 4/7, received the same emails and status changes as many here. Checked Fedex DM today, and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow (5/14).

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/23, approved 4/7, received the same emails and status changes as many here. Checked Fedex DM today, and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow (5/14).
Congrats! It's nice to see that they are still sending them out. While PrizeLogic still can't seem to understand 'first-come, first-served,' at least it's a good sign that some are still getting their shipments.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Congrats! It's nice to see that they are still sending them out. While PrizeLogic still can't seem to understand 'first-come, first-served,' at least it's a good sign that some are still getting their shipments.
Unless they run out before getting the "first come" crowd...

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Anybody want to trade their S2 for a $200 eCert + VR? I'll also throw in a cute little minions wrap from Slickwraps lol.

PM me.....the last guy backed out because I responded back to him after the $50 savings from Samsung ended.

tedkord

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sorry to those still waiting. I forgot to add, PL website still has me as pending, and no email about shipping.

SlantedEnvy

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I purchased/submitted on 3/17. I received approval on 4/1.

I'm at 8 weeks from 3/17 yesterday. Found this thread and decided to look into things.

My shipping date is still "Pending".

I purchased an S7, waiting for a Gear VR. On hold at PL now with 11 calls ahead of me after 8 minutes of being on hold. Not sure what I expect out of this phone call, but I'm regretting not taking the $100 gift certificate promotion and paying another 8 bucks to have a gear vr shipped to me from the samsung store.

--
Just got off the phone. It was a ~35 minute call.

I was told by Daquanda that it was sent to the third party shipper recently and they should have a label printed and be sending me an email about the ship date next week. If I don't hear from them by the end of the week to call again.

It was a surprisingly positive and easy phone call once I finally got through to a person. It could be a shine job to get me to go away, but if so it was a good one and they need to promote Daquanda.

Last edited:

Tinctorus

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I submitted mine on 3/18 and ended up getting my confirmation emails and Netflix codes for both phones "got 2 Edge versions from T-Mobile" on 4/7
Hopefully I will either get an email with a tracking number or just have 2 VR headset's show up some day soon

I see people mentioning getting a gear S2 instead of the VR, was this a promo that other manufacturers were offering or could I have possibly ordered 1 S2 and 1Vr instead "which honestly would have been great"

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I submitted mine on 3/18 and ended up getting my confirmation emails and Netflix codes for both phones "got 2 Edge versions from T-Mobile" on 4/7
Hopefully I will either get an email with a tracking number or just have 2 VR headset's show up some day soon

I see people mentioning getting a gear S2 instead of the VR, was this a promo that other manufacturers were offering or could I have possibly ordered 1 S2 and 1Vr instead "which honestly would have been great"
If you ordered a S7 or S7E on vzw.com you could pick between the VR and the S2.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm still sitting in approval and pending. They told me to reach out mid may. 3/9 submitter whom has never received an approval email, just know from checking status and their contact us emails.

I asked them what my approval date was on fb (where they told me mid may) and have received no response (yet they've seen it). I check my porch everyday hoping it will just show up. Maybe one day it will. Ugh...

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm a March 9th also, and still pending for me, last call I made they told me it was sent to a 3rd party shipper and they should be making a label soon, so stupid, I'm in the shipping business and our business alone we ship out orders the same day, and it ranges from 1000-2000 a day and there only 3 of us shippers, so Idk what takes them so dang long to do it, nothing in fedex either, no emails, I did get a approved one back in March and another in april 18th so maybe from that day Idk

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Just a thought, but...remember when initially we thought we were getting the Gear S2 Bluetooth, but then the Verizon version that was actually sent was the 3G version? Everyone was elated to be getting the 3G version? I'm pretty sure I saw that BrightPoint offers refurbishing of mobile phones, etc. What if they are having to make changes to make the original Bluetooth version have 3G capabilities? What if Verizon said 3G only cuz that was the only way they could make their $5 per month. Yes, BP is still shipping from the bottom of the pile, but it could answer why it's taking so long to get them moving. (It's conspiracy theory Saturday)

NotoriousNeo

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
So just got this guy like an hour ago. I'm stoked I got it, but I'm less stoked knowing there's still a few of you out there who haven't heard so much as a peep about this thing...

20160514_115916.jpg

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I went back and forth with Samsung and Prizelogic yesterday over FbM. In the end Samsung put it on the 3rd party but promised to find something out for me (I'm still waiting). PrizeLogic asked for my email information and once I sent the screenshots of all of the emails that contradicts everything they've told me they have not replied back at all. I messaged them 5 more times and nothing. Not going to lie I'm am sour and it sucks seeing anyone receive their S2 that submitted after I did..

Posted via the Android Central App

Frank Abbott

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
So my Gear S2 showed up today at my door unexpectedly. My status through Samsung still sends pending, nothing from PL, and nothing ever showed up on FedEx DM.

I preordered the S7 beginning of March. I submitted my Gear S2 claim on 3/19, got approval the next day and then again on 4/7 like most others.

So hopefully everyone who is still waiting has something coming. I wouldn't trust anybody you contact or statuses anywhere. Keep up hope!

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I went back and forth with Samsung and Prizelogic yesterday over FbM. In the end Samsung put it on the 3rd party but promised to find something out for me (I'm still waiting). PrizeLogic asked for my email information and once I sent the screenshots of all of the emails that contradicts everything they've told me they have not replied back at all. I messaged them 5 more times and nothing. Not going to lie I'm am sour and it sucks seeing anyone receive their S2 that submitted after I did..

it definitely sucks to read "submitted on 18th just got tracking info" while alot people like my self who submitted the 9th-12th are stuck at pending with no end in sight.

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Long time lingerer, first time poster...

Submitted for 2 S2s on 3/18. Maybe a half hour after submitting, their (Samsung) promotion site crashed and you couldn't even log in. I called, because I received a "thank you for submitting" email- and it had my name, not my husbands. Long story short, she said I was fine and that once approved I should receive the S2s.

I have been constantly logging in to check for updates, was approved just a few days later but never received an email. I received the generic "Approval" email on 4/7 as well as the Verizon email on May 5th.

My status has gone from "pending" to "in route" multiple times, but it's been a while since "in route" has shown up.

Called PL about two weeks ago, they verified I was approved and that it shouldn't be much longer. Contacted PL via Twitter and they said: "We do want to apologize for the delay. At this time we do not have the tracking information available, as we are working to process the gift and ship it to you. As soon as the tracking information is available, you will receive the update to your email."-- Well duh!

I feel horrible for people who submitted much earlier than I did and have heard nothing. A friend of mine submitted on 3/21 and got his watch back in April :(

I wouldn't mind losing out on our S2s if PL was actually doing this promotion properly. However, they're clearly doing whatever they want.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I feel like the ones who have been waiting forever need the option for $300-$350 voucher to use to buy their own damn watch since they are clearly not helping anyone...

Ive Facebooked them multiple times and I can see they are 'seeing' my posts... Just not replying. Which is beyond annoying.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So my Gear S2 showed up today at my door unexpectedly. My status through Samsung still sends pending, nothing from PL, and nothing ever showed up on FedEx DM.

I preordered the S7 beginning of March. I submitted my Gear S2 claim on 3/19, got approval the next day and then again on 4/7 like most others.

So hopefully everyone who is still waiting has something coming. I wouldn't trust anybody you contact or statuses anywhere. Keep up hope!

You sir, have just given me hope!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acecool99