Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

tedkord

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't let this monstrosity of a screw-up make you feel like you are missing out on the greatest thing ever created since sliced bread guys. Yes, the S2 is a pretty nice device. But after all the waiting and finally getting it last Wednesday, I felt let down thinking I was getting a James Bond type of watch with a laser beam and mini saw, etc. All the waiting got me way over-hyped for it haha.

But hang in there everyone, have faith that it will come for you someday.
If you'd had the original Gear S up til now, like me, this would seem like a James Bond device in comparison.

I mean, when I delete an email on my phone, the notification goes away on the S2 also. MAGIC!

When I delete an email from the watch, I don't have to also dismiss the notification on the watch after. AMAZING!

Best of all, when I get a new notification on the watch, all the old ones I dismiss earlier don't reappear and need to be dismissed again.

I still can't believe how much they got wrong on the original.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
When did you submit and how do you know?

Posted via the Android Central App

It isn't a package pertaining to this. Just wanted to point out that FDM isn't very accurate and would explain the items just showing up without notification. I am a 3/12 submitter without anything yet either.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Vaper123

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Long time lurker.

Early filers: The only thing that I have found successful is to call and call again, I even got hung up on. You need to speak to a supervisor and state your case clearly enough that they will submit your information to their supervisor because the first one cannot do a thing. It may take a couple of days, they tell you 2-4 business days, but once they call explain your situation and the dates they sent you emails.
I actually called their third party vendor bright star and made note I knew people while filed after me already received theirs to both supervisors.
The second supervisor should be able to talk to Bright Star management and put you on the top of the pile.

3/10- submitted information
3/23- they say I got final approval and sent to “third party vendor”
5/8- “estimated shipping date”
5/13- talked to supervisor 1
5/16- talked to director who said he would call “third party vendor”
5/17- VR overnighted via FedEx, email from FedEx
5/18- VR on truck to be delivered to my house

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Long time lurker.

Early filers: The only thing that I have found successful is to call and call again, I even got hung up on. You need to speak to a supervisor and state your case clearly enough that they will submit your information to their supervisor because the first one cannot do a thing. It may take a couple of days, they tell you 2-4 business days, but once they call explain your situation and the dates they sent you emails.
I actually called their third party vendor bright star and made note I knew people while filed after me already received theirs to both supervisors.
The second supervisor should be able to talk to Bright Star management and put you on the top of the pile.

Might be that easy because you had a VR coming to you? But I'm glad it worked for you calling them. All I get is the run around like everyone else, on top of me being nice and trying to state my case to no avail!

Vaper123

May 18, 2016
Visit site
It might be but it was not until I talked to a director that I was able to get more than just a run around. Apparently you are in the first come first serve order until it is sent to bright star and then it seems they do whatever they want to. Trying to escalate until you get to speak to a director may be the only option for early filers.

hereforinfo

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Long time lurker.

Thanks for the info. This is the response i received on their facebook page..."In regards to the gear VR headset, we do expect delays as we do not have the device in stock to send to you at this time. We do want to apologize for the delay, but can confirm and guarantee when we do have the available vr headset designed to you, it will be sent."
Weird that they are out of stock for some and not for others. It can't be that hard to come up with one lie for everyone.

Vaper123

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Are you an early filer? They did not want to do anything until I was so close to my 8 weeks they had to do something. They even admitted they have no control over when it gets shipped, it is all brightstar. If I was you I would try calling, I had to ask for a supervisor four times before I got one but it was quick after that.

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Got this notice this morning...

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your patience. We do apologize for the mix-up with your gift. We will provide you with a shipping label in the next couple of weeks to return the GearVR and we will replace it with your original gift of choice. Please make sure you check your junk and spam folders because the shipping label will be sent via email. If you have additional questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

benzz11

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure someone within the 110 pages of complete frustration has received an approval twice. Just received my second one today, has anyone else received this today?Samsung.JPG

deh2004

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
So, since I am on my 10th week of waiting, I decided to use this free time and do some research. I decided to look up this BRIGHPOINT company, and found out that it is owned by Ingram Micro. Coincidentally, this is the SAME company that ships products ordered directly through Samsung.com. I noticed the address yesterday when I received my Level blue tooth speaker (which arrived in 3 days free standard shipping-just saying). I decided to reach out to said parent company, and let them know just how poorly this facility is being ran. I am hoping this will spur some investigation into Brightpoint, as Ingram Micro manages a plethora of companies technology needs. If they are as smart as they are rich, they will figure this out before it tarnishes their reputation. All it takes is one bad apple and........well, you know the rest. I shall return to patiently waiting. =/

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
So what happened to keeping the VR and getting the $200 ecert?

Toad

For me I already received both and didn't use them yet. I still have the Gear VR sealed and the $200 eCert unused...

If they can send me a return label for the Gear VR so I can get my Gear S2 I would be more than happy to return them both.

rocktoad13

May 6, 2016
Visit site
For me I already received both and didn't use them yet. I still have the Gear VR sealed and the $200 eCert unused...

If they can send me a return label for the Gear VR so I can get my Gear S2 I would be more than happy to return them both.

I would hold the ecert at least until you get the S2...or it expires 😨

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Toad

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I would hold the ecert at least until you get the S2...or it expires ??????

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Toad

Best case scenario I hope that I can keep the eCert and trade the VR for a S2. That would be awesome. I don't feel bad at all if Samsung lost $200 that is only valid towards other Samsung products anyways. Perhaps compensation for this major screw-up? I've already replied back to PL asking what I should do with the eCert so we'll see....