Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Here I am waiting and waiting since March 9th,i have never had anything take this long ever, so I check it today and OMG shipping pending nothing new lol and fedex OMG nothing there either this has got to be the biggest waste of time

incubeezer

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to share my story as a lurker, but it's a little different.

- Submitted 3/18
- Approved somewhere around 4/18 according to an email
- checked status website every day multiple times
- got impatient and on 5/18 purchased a brand new Gear S2 off of Craigslist that someone got from this promotion

I'm now hoping when I receive mine (assuming so), I can sell it to make my money back. Craigslist is a little flooded with people selling theirs for more than I think they should expect, so undercutting them should help.

Pest2x

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Total Failure. I got my Galaxy 7S Edge from AT&T a couple days after it was released and entered the promotion information for the VR Gear. I re-entered it when I got an e-mail saying it was not too late thinking they didn't get it. I contacted them and was told on May 4th someone would be contacting me. As of May 20th I haven't heard from anyone and when enter my e-mail it still says they don't have anything for my e-mail. At this point I'm beyond disappointed in Samsung.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Total Failure. I got my Galaxy 7S Edge from AT&T a couple days after it was released and entered the promotion information for the VR Gear. I re-entered it when I got an e-mail saying it was not too late thinking they didn't get it. I contacted them and was told on May 4th someone would be contacting me. As of May 20th I haven't heard from anyone and when enter my e-mail it still says they don't have anything for my e-mail. At this point I'm beyond disappointed in Samsung.

Not sure if it is rhe problem or not but make sure there are no spaces after you email. A lot of us had the same thing due to autofill that added a space at the end of email which was making it appear to the system as an invalid email address.

Somewhere on planet earth!

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
It's our official 6 weeks from the Approval Email day! Congratulations because according to PrizeLogic (official submission processing company for all things promotional) we are ALL going to receive S2s within the next 2 weeks!! Yes, you can count on that because, as we all know, Prize Logic said it, so it's true! Keep in mind that they had to resolve a few location code errors, mishaps in actually sending out the correct 'gift', technical issues, backorders, and sadly were unable to find a contact number for the 'fulfillment company', but no worries....again....Do Not Worry. Within the next two weeks, your status will be updated with your shipping information, you will be sent an email with tracking numbers, and you will find your 'gift' waiting at your door. All this pi%%!n' & moaning' and the whole time we just needed to be patient & trust Prize Logic. I dunno about you, but I feel better.

This made me smile, usually does not happen when I come on this forum. Thank you :)

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I still check this thread every couple days to see what kind of progress has been made. Hopefully you all start getting your watches soon. I've been enjoying mine...it's a sweet piece of equipment.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1013.jpg
    1013.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 27

MeatRocket

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just read a nice article about the Samsung Gear S3. It's slated to be launched in Sep-Oct timeframe......about the same time we should be expecting our Gear S2's from Prizelogic.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm so far pretty happy with my Moto 360 2nd gen. Verizon has $50 off this month. I considered the xfinity $200 GC as being towards the watch. So I got $300 in value from promotions (including the $100 VR) and the watch was $250 (42mm). I really didn't need 3G and the android wear has room for improvement but it has been working well enough for me so far. And I can change bands easily and it's a bit thinner than the 3G S2. Battery life is good. AW 2.0 is on the horizon (although not sure yet if it'll run on this watch).

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So, did we really just go a week with no S2's (or VR's for that matter) delivered?? Or did I just miss some posts earlier this week?

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
So, did we really just go a week with no S2's (or VR's for that matter) delivered?? Or did I just miss some posts earlier this week?
The last post about an S2 delivery was on 5/14 (that I see), but I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that. Did Brightpoint just quit sending anything at all? No VRs sent, either?

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The last post about an S2 delivery was on 5/14 (that I see), but I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that. Did Brightpoint just quit sending anything at all? No VRs sent, either?
They're probably watching this thread by now intentionally making us squirm and getting a laugh out of it... lol