Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

FCSC

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I was just told by the Samsung supervisor that they're working on getting all the information from Prize Logic and they dont have any information yet, but to call back in a few hours and they should have it.... haha

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the phone with Samsung.

If you get anywhere with them, please share. I spent over an hour on the phone with them. First they transferred me back to PL (see previous post), called back and told them about it. Talked to 4 people. The last lady sent me to the "Samsung promotions team" which was a defunct phone line for a much older promotion. Samsung seems to be unaware that they are now in charge of handling questions and concerns regarding promotions.

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I thought that since the gear s2 was a standalone watch (it doesn't have to be paired to a phone), it would be very easy for me to leave my phone at home when making a quick trip to the store, or if i'm going out for a run. I thought I would still get all of my calls and texts and even be able to use a few apps. This is only partially true. Yes, technically, you can use it without your phone nearby. But it isn't near as seamless or as easy as I thought it would be. First, you have to enable call forwarding via the Gear app on your phone. This takes a few seconds since it calls Verizon to tell it to forward your calls. Now, if you get a call, it must first go to your phone. Your phone has to ring multiple times before it will direct it to the watch. Before the watch picks up, most people will just hang up since they think you are not answering. Should you decide not to answer or are unable to answer the call after it has been directed to your watch, the voicemail is left on your watch's number rather than your phone number. Meaning, the voicemail will not show up nor can you check it on your phone. Texting works ok, but Samsung will try to force you to use their sms app on your phone as the default, which I do not like. I use Google Messenger. Every time I open the messages app on my watch, I am greeted with a message saying that text messaging is unavailable because Samsung's app is not my default. If you close this message you can still send and receive text messages, but when I open the messages app on the watch, I can only see my sent messages. It does not show any messages from the person I am talking to. 99.9% of the apps on my gear s2 watch are unavailable when not paired with my phone. When I get back to my phone, I have to remember to turn call forwarding back off, otherwise it will drain the battery on my watch much faster. In the end, it's almost easier to just take my phone with me instead of the hassle to use my watch as a standalone. The watch seems much more like a "companion" to my phone, rather than a standalone device that allows me to leave my phone at home.

AT&T offers a NumberSync app which allows multiple devices to share the same number. I really wish Verizon would release something similar. I think that would make everything much more seamless.

Thank you for the information, I have not used it this way yet. So it is good to know the limitations.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
This truly is a nightmare. It's obvious that no one at Samsung knows what to do. PrizeLogic just gave up and quit (but that's probably a good thing). So, our info is lost in the shuffle once again. The problem as I see it, is that it's in BrightPoint's hands and no one seems to be able to do anything about BrightPoint. End of Summer? The Gear S3 is supposed to be announced for pre-Order in September! I feel like Yosemite Sam right now.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Another odd tidbit: I called the number for BrightPoint a couple weeks ago and got the same 'lady' voice as PL on the answering system that said, "Thank you for calling BrightPoint," & then it got into choosing departments, etc., but I didn't have my info with me in case they asked questions, so I decided to wait. Long story short, I just dialed that number again and....It says that it's Ingram Micro & an entirely different greeting & options. Geez, if I ever want to go into hiding, I'm going to go ask someone at BrightPoint for help. They are protected & hidden better than I've ever heard of!

mistak5

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
This truly is a nightmare. It's obvious that no one at Samsung knows what to do. PrizeLogic just gave up and quit (but that's probably a good thing). So, our info is lost in the shuffle once again. The problem as I see it, is that it's in BrightPoint's hands and no one seems to be able to do anything about BrightPoint. End of Summer? The Gear S3 is supposed to be announced for pre-Order in September! I feel like Yosemite Sam right now.

They really should be throwing in some goodies at this point. It would be great if they offered to send the S3 instead, once released. I would definintely be happy to accept that lol.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Conspiracy Theory Monday: Perhaps PL found out that Samsung wasn't actually going to send any Gear S2s and/or not in a timely fashion? My theory is that they decided they were sick of answering calls & taking crap from unhappy submitters (I've been blasting them regularly on social media). Maybe they decided that once we found out that it was going to be another 6 weeks or MORE, they decided to jump ship rather than take the blame for Samsung & BrightPoint. Remember a few weeks ago when PL said they expected the shipment of Gear S2s from Samsung any day? Maybe when we were upset that PL was lying to us, PL was upset that Samsung was lying to them. Any other theories out there?

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Conspiracy Theory Monday: Perhaps PL found out that Samsung wasn't actually going to send any Gear S2s and/or not in a timely fashion? My theory is that they decided they were sick of answering calls & taking crap from unhappy submitters (I've been blasting them regularly on social media). Maybe they decided that once we found out that it was going to be another 6 weeks or MORE, they decided to jump ship rather than take the blame for Samsung & BrightPoint. Remember a few weeks ago when PL said they expected the shipment of Gear S2s from Samsung any day? Maybe when we were upset that PL was lying to us, PL was upset that Samsung was lying to them. Any other theories out there?

"Thank You for being a loyal Samsung customer"
As of today, we are still waiting for new inventory to be shipped to our shipping company. We hope to get your gift by end of your life-time.
We hope you enjoy your gift.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
They really should be throwing in some goodies at this point. It would be great if they offered to send the S3 instead, once released. I would definintely be happy to accept that lol.

LOL don't do it man! That s3 will come when the s4 is out and then they'll offer you the same deal!

aberobert

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just tried calling brightpoint/ ingram micro.
Phone: (317) 297-6100
TollFree: (800) 952-2355
AKA:
Brightpoint, Inc.
Brightpoint North America, Inc.
Ingram Micro, Inc

Got through right away. "We have no idea what you're talking about". No help there...

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Interesting ploy on PLs side, say that Samsung’s going to handle it. A really easy way to shave off a few calls from overall volume. If its not true then all Samsung’s going to do is tell them to cut it out, really no adverse consequences.

Well played PL, but I see you.

But but but, Conspiracy theory Monday, there was a change in the status page on what Friday? I have to now put my email in to see my status.

I think that status page is run by Prizelogic on Samsung servers… or at least it was…
If you look hard at the url of your status page now vs the bookmarked one (if you have one) are different. Meaning that how the page communicates with the database that its drawing from has changed. A change that may indicate an ownership or responsibly change.

Oh and I’ll call Samsung today for fun on my drive home today just to add to the overall call volume.

I encourage everyone else to do the same!

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
No way man! my parents told me to stay away from internet creepers! LOL

Sure man(that e-mail is one of many throw aways(915th really lol jesus!)

old
://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/CheckStatusemail=bagger35e%40gmail.com&token=DZi26nSgKokJq43s3h9h2Yr7KighczX%2FsDm50sT4IIM%3D
://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/email=bagger35e%40gmail.com&token=%2FmCYGhNMUydJwpcRZK6ebLG1QveXaxDCyd1DshjZfEI%3D
new

humm the instruction for the db quarry is different, CheckStatusemail vs email...

tokens are different.... maybe a different db altogether... new db new token.....

(Im EE btw not not NOT CS)

Last edited:

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Also, if you go to samsungpromotions.com and opt to check on a promotion, our promo is no longer listed. It was there on Friday, because that was one of the routes I took to try to login to check my status. Now, it's just gone. It's not the Gear VR promo that shows at the bottom of the page, that one has different dates. Wonder why it disappeared?

Jalon Dodson

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Also, if you go to samsungpromotions.com and opt to check on a promotion, our promo is no longer listed. It was there on Friday, because that was one of the routes I took to try to login to check my status. Now, it's just gone. It's not the Gear VR promo that shows at the bottom of the page, that one has different dates. Wonder why it disappeared?
Did you notice they changed the purchase dates of the Gear VR promotion from 6/19/2016 to 6/26/2016?

BUY A GALAXY AND
GET A FREE GEAR VR.1
Valid Purchase Dates: 6/1/16 - 6/26/16
Get a free Gear VR powered by Oculus, plus a VR content experience – an estimated $150* value – with the purchase of an eligible Samsung Galaxy device. Limited time only, while supplies last.

* See full Terms and Conditions for complete details