Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

mistak5

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Who knows? Some have had it work for them. Others contacted Verizon directly & they took care of them. As a whole, we've tried any & all. After 150 pages of grief & happiness on this one forum, it's a pretty good read for what did/didn't work, but it was never the same for everyone. Start about page 55 or 60 when you have some time. It's a wild ride we've been on! LOL

Someone needs to make t-shirts or baseball caps lol

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
So after much consideration and even though they sent me a return label I decided to keep the watches I have. I finally tried opening one up and of cause it is totally dead and I can not turn it on (probably because someone at Brightpoint decided to try it out and wear it). The stuff like the charger and wires under the watch are in sealed packages, I guess that is good. I am trying to charge it now and hope that it works. I can not see myself sending the 2 watches back to wait at least another month or maybe three to receive ones that are sealed and in boxes that are clean and watches that I know are new. I will keep the dirty boxes and the possibly used watches lol. Maybe I will make a complaint to the BBB about waiting 3 months to get used merchandise that is suppose to be sealed and new. I should have took the new ones that verizon offer to send me when I had the chance, but I had to be honest...dumb me.

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Filed a complaint with the BBB against prize logic yesterday, and here's what I got in return.

"Your S2 was delayed due to an inventory shortage at the fulfillment company. We have requested your shipment be expedited and will provide you with the tracking number as soon as possible."

Yeah, and there was an inventory shortage because they sent out the promotional items not in the order that's clearly stated in the promotions Terms and Conditions, aka First Come First Served...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
And the response to my email is....
"At this time we do not have an exact date, but can estimate the shipment could take up to 4 weeks to be processed for delivery / likely will arrive before then."
Next stop BBB...

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site
So I had the day off from work today and decided to really dig in to this. I went to my local Verizon store to see if the supervisor there had the nerve to try and defend Samsung to my face. Fortunately, for him, he said that it was ridiculous for the delay but on a store level they couldn't do anything. I decided to call Samsung again and had a notably different experience.
I was on the phone for a total of 37 minutes and 59 seconds and transfered three times.
Initial call in went to technical support from the automated answering.
After collecting my information, the rep transfered me to PL. (which I was sceptical of.)
PL rep was fairly useless as usual, so I requested a supervisor. The rep almost seemed hurt that I had asked for his boss, but put me on hold and got him.
The supervisor picked up ( I know, I was shocked too.) and with all of my information there, he apologized for the delay and stated that I should definitely not have been waiting this long. Said he escalated my account and said with the escalation I should only have one to two more weeks until I had devices in my hand and to call back if there were any more issues.

Now call me optimistic, but I think I may have actually gotten somewhere. He provided me with what he called a "call reference" number. Stated that when I call in to supply that number and I would be transferred to another supervisor.
Crossing my fingers that this nightmare will end soon.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Good report Marine, but its all BS. Look back through these posts and yeah its been done.

Interactions with PL only have resulted in e-certs or shipping labels for mistaken VRs. Everything else has been stalling tactics or outright lies.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm hoping it's true (for once), but...I was escalated to a Tier II weeks ago & the end result was an email with the same response as before (backordered, be patient). Yesterday, Samsung said they had escalated me to a Tier II & I would definitely receive a call w/in 24 hrs. Well, that's come & gone & nothing but silence. I kept telling her, I've already been escalated....weeks ago, but she couldn't wait to pass me on to the next person. Also, I begged the 2nd guy (my husband was home & laughing @ my conversation) PLEASE don't transfer me & then hang up. He promised he would stay on the line. He did, until the next person answered & he was gone! At least my husband got a kick out of it.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
For the sake of doing it, I FB Messaged PrizeLogic about why I haven't received my watch yet. They said they would have an update for me by the end of this week and to watch my email for a tracking number.

I'll give them this "Week" and if nothing, I'll just bug them again!

Jalon Dodson

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
No I did not receive anything from Samsung. No conformation email or tracking. All I did was setup a FedEx account and saw i had a mail from brightpoint that weighs 2.6lb
When did you see that you had a package from Brightpoint? I don't mean to pry, but;
what day did you submit your claim, and what day did you check and see if you had a package from FedEx Delivery Manager?

Jalon Dodson

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
No way man! my parents told me to stay away from internet creepers! LOL

Sure man(that e-mail is one of many throw aways(915th really lol jesus!)

old
://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/CheckStatusemail=bagger35e%40gmail.com&token=DZi26nSgKokJq43s3h9h2Yr7KighczX%2FsDm50sT4IIM%3D
://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/email=bagger35e%40gmail.com&token=%2FmCYGhNMUydJwpcRZK6ebLG1QveXaxDCyd1DshjZfEI%3D
new

humm the instruction for the db quarry is different, CheckStatusemail vs email...

tokens are different.... maybe a different db altogether... new db new token.....

(Im EE btw not not NOT CS)

That's weird, it can mean various things.. I wonder what. Wanna brainstorm with me?

By the way I didn't mean show the entire URL, just the token + DB query

sean wilson6

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
When did you see that you had a package from Brightpoint? I don't mean to pry, but;
what day did you submit your claim, and what day did you check and see if you had a package from FedEx Delivery Manager?

I did my claim at the tmobile store 3rd of June and I believe I check FDM about 18 June something like that

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
That's what I got man and as far as my Bainstorm will go.

So if you some html code monkey go forth and do what you do. (This is where I usually say the hardware is fine and now it's your problem)(EE not CS)

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Alright, submited my complaint against Samsung. We'll see where it goes... I threw you guys a bone too and in addition to delivering my watches as my desired outcome I demanded they intervene with Brightpoint for not fulfilling the Terms and Conditions of the promotions because of how many of you that have been waiting even longer than me with absolutely nothing to show for it. You guys (and gals) deserve better than that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo