Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Good luck... I'm interested to see what their response is.

Thanks man! I am too, Watch me be the first to get no resolution from a BBB complaint, LOL.

On a side note I did call Verizon customer service and gave the front line troops one last shot. And to my surprise I actually got someone who cared, but could not help after working the problem all morning.

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
@Another Name any update on your stuff?

No reply, no emails, no calls nothing ._.
PS: Hi [my name], thank you for following up. We were informed that the shipping company Samsung contracts received a large order of S2s today. They should be sending your to you this week!

oks10, you better still keep those fingers crossed :p
PS: Watch out for package to arrive in next week. Because I didn't got any label created in FDM nor received any tracking numbers.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
PS: Hi [my name], thank you for following up. We were informed that the shipping company Samsung contracts received a large order of S2s today. They should be sending your to you this week!

Not holding my breath... lol

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Lol. Literally right after I replied I checked my email and look what I found...
Untitled.png

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
119 days and no watches! BBB complaints in. (4 of them)

Heres the basics for people who want to do the same. I encourage changing wording and adding personal details

Problem:

I am a participant of the Samsung Galaxy S7 launch promotion in where I was to receive free Samsung gear s2 with purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S7. As of July 7th I have waited 119 days, nearly 4 months for my promotional products and have not received it.

Original Terms and conditions agreed to outlined a 6-8 week delivery window. It has been an additional 9 weeks from the original 8 week period for a total of 17 weeks without product delivery.

Resolution:
Honor the promotions promises and arrange for direct merchandise pick up of two(2) Samsung gear S2 smartwatches a Verizon retail store in, or arrange for overnight delivery of two(2) Samsung gear S2 smartwatches to complainant address, or e-mail gift certificates to the Samsung.com or Verizon.com, of equal or greater value to complainant.

Hope the BBB clubbing works out !

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I finally received a response from my PrizeLogic inquiry a couple of weeks ago;
"Thank you for your inquiry, a tracking number has not been issued. No further action is required. Due to the success of the promotion, the wait has been longer than anticipated. We appreciate your patience. You will be emailed when tracking is available. Please check your email, including spam folders. You may also check the status tool for updates. https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

Thank You,
Prize logic Support"

Useless as teats on a bull. 118 days and counting for my S2. Maybe I'll get it after the S3 is released?

Seems like the only useful action has come after a complaint is filed with BBB. I would try that route. Several people on the thread have had good outcomes after filing a complaint. Good luck!

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
oks, Nice but unfortunately I didn't got any emails nor label in FDM. Guessing since you got it mine is on it's way *fingers crossed*

So since it was picked up 7/06 (today) then whoever reply me from PL was right that Samsung Contract received large orders of S2 today.

Aushoj (Josh if you say) yours will be in that shipping batch too.

timbo6969

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a dilemma folks. A couple weeks ago I finally received my watch thru Verizon. Well that was no picnic with all the channels I went thru to get it. I was promised, like most of us, I'd receive a call back which never happened. I don't know how many times I had to give them the same info over and over again. When I finally told the last person that I spoke to that I refuse to go they all this Q&A stuff again I finally got his attention. I guess I got lucky on talking to this guy. I had previously started to send some not so nice emails and texts and I suppose I got someone's attention. So watch is fine, phone is fine. Still a little pissed off over the whole situation.
My dilemma now is that I still check Samsung and everything is status quo. Approved and shipment pending. I guess I know ethically what to do. And that is to leave it alone. I don't think I should feel guilty at all if Samsung should send another watch. I hate the way they treated each and everyone of us. So I try rationalizing that I'd be OK with another watch. If anyone has opinion I don't mind hearing from you. Thx.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
If I get Verizon to cough out some watches, I'm just gonna "delivery refused, return to sender" the package and never look back.

iamshawno

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
13627052_10154224692287557_2948359473236043843_n.jpg
UPDATE: timeline--
Purchased s7 edge 6/23 filed 6/24, offer approved 6/27, shipped 6/30 arrived via fedex today (even with the July 4th holiday delaying it)
So sorry to all that have been waiting months... ;(

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
119 days and no watches! BBB complaints in. (4 of them)

Heres the basics for people who want to do the same. I encourage changing wording and adding personal details

Problem:

I am a participant of the Samsung Galaxy S7 launch promotion in where I was to receive free Samsung gear s2 with purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S7. As of July 7th I have waited 119 days, nearly 4 months for my promotional products and have not received it.

Original Terms and conditions agreed to outlined a 6-8 week delivery window. It has been an additional 9 weeks from the original 8 week period for a total of 17 weeks without product delivery.

Resolution:
Honor the promotions promises and arrange for direct merchandise pick up of two(2) Samsung gear S2 smartwatches a Verizon retail store in, or arrange for overnight delivery of two(2) Samsung gear S2 smartwatches to complainant address, or e-mail gift certificates to the Samsung.com or Verizon.com, of equal or greater value to complainant.
I am so hoping this ends for you soon. Good job on getting the BBB complaints filed! Did you say your car got squished?

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
So, I'm wearing the watch today. Feeling all cool & everything cuz I'm finally, finally getting to actually wear the stinking' thing on my wrist. I had a call come in (Bluetooth), the watch said, "The Gear S2 will close down due to overheating." (or something very close to that) & it shut the F*** down! While on my wrist! I'm thinking' I may have scared the people parked in the car next to me that had to hear me shouting obscenities at the watch. :cool:

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Did you say your car got squished?

Yeah, it (the car accident) gave me some nice perspective on the whole watch debacle.

Life could be worse.

Oh and then it did! (Become worse)I was gonna drive that car till the wheels fell off(just payed it off this year)

Now I've other more pressing things to worry about.

(I still want my watches though)(lol)

Another Name

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 231640
The saga is finally coming to an end. To those who only got one watch, was the weight just 1 pound? I really hope I don't get the VR.

It was said to be 0.9 lbs for 1 Gear S2 with package weight. You definatly getting S2 :)
PS: Second shipment with same date and time picked up with overnight shipment, 50-50 chances mine will be also overnight shipment which means tomorrow a possible for S2 package ._>

Aushoj, you also have 50-50 chances :p

timbo6969

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I like your posts. You genuinely are no-nonsense. I can't believe I received my watch via Verizon because I really came down hard in them. I've been Verizon customer for about ten years. I still have 3 lines active. And I said to them I will remove my subscription in a heartbeat. To be honest, for me it want all about the watch but about integrity on their part. Too bad it had to be pulled out of them.

Posted via the Android Central App

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
My last post was in reference to Wheresmys2's overheating.

Not sure what happened to my last post, but my watch when I first got it also had some overheating issues. It lasted a couple of days, then stopped. I think it's just getting used to the usage, etc., since it's new.

Last edited:

devdog91

May 11, 2016
Visit site
So I've been wearing my watch now for a little over a week. I haven't had any issues and I absolutely love the thing! Hang in there guys! It's still worth the wait! Who is still waiting for a watch? Anything that I can do?
Side note:
I checked the promotional page today for S's & G's, and it's still "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route" and has been since I filed my BBB complaints. Another testament to the incompetencies of these morons.
20160707_085647.jpg

Last edited:

crazytaxi95

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Well, the fedex truck rolled by and I had a feeling I wouldn't get it from the first batch of mail. And I was right. Not delivered yet. Oh well, will wait hopefully until 4 the latest.