Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Find my mobile not available?

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Find my mobile not available?

I talking about setting up phone in case it is lost. Fin My Mobile is like Find my iPhone.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Any reason you use it over android device manager?

Posted via the Android Central App

One reason I switched to find my mobile, that I found out recently, is even if you have location turned off on the phone, if you hit locate device on find my mobile, it'll switch the phone location on and determine it's location for you. You also have the option of locking Samsung Pay.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

I can't seem to figure out how to set up find my mobile with Samsung on this device.

There's nothing to set up. I just logged on to findmymobile.samsung.com and everything worked for me. The only real setup I had to do was logging into my Samsung account on my phone.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

There's nothing to set up. I just logged on to findmymobile.samsung.com and everything worked for me. The only real setup I had to do was logging into my Samsung account on my phone.

I went into my phone and logged onto my samsung account, and then went to findmymobile web site and logged in, and does not show my device. Do I need to do something more?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

I went into my phone and logged onto my samsung account, and then went to findmymobile web site and logged in, and does not show my device. Do I need to do something more?

I have no idea what's going on, my phone showed up just fine. I would send in a ticket to CS and see what's going on. If you're logging on to the same Samsung account from your phone and the site, it should populate.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I have no idea what's going on, my phone showed up just fine. I would send in a ticket to CS and see what's going on. If you're logging on to the same Samsung account from your phone and the site, it should populate.

It finally showed up after 2 hours!

ProMed

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not able to get this to work either? I'm signed in to my Samsung acount and on the website it shows my device, but it doesn't show as connected. The Help tutorial says to go to Main Menu>Setting>Security>Remote Controls to enable. I'm not finding that anywhere in the S7 menus. Any ideas?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I talking about setting up phone in case it is lost. Fin My Mobile is like Find my iPhone.

Device manager does that too. I've never used find my mobile so was just wondering the benefits of it

Posted via the Android Central App

ProMed

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not able to get this to work either? I'm signed in to my Samsung acount and on the website it shows my device, but it doesn't show as connected. The Help tutorial says to go to Main Menu>Setting>Security>Remote Controls to enable. I'm not finding that anywhere in the S7 menus. Any ideas?
Does anyone know where I can find the Remote Controls settings or know anything else I can do to activate find my mobile?

ProMed

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm logged in, & can select the S7 from my registered phones list, but it doesn't allow me to track/ find the phone.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Seems Verizon, and possibly Sprint, have disabled it from these devices so we're forced to pay for their crap location tracking service. Currently searching for a method to get in back on our devices. Will update if I come across something.

Sent from my Chrome™ Samsung S7 Edge SM-935V

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i never even heard of this until now. I have VZW, so what do you normally do if it wasn't removed?

Should you have a Find My Mobile app? or would you just sign in on the website and it just finds your phone?

DeerFilm

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Is there a better app for a find your phone? The samsung one does not show much detail on the map. would like to see a satellite view like other programs.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana