Heart rate apps?

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Are there any third party apps that can measure your heart rate that use the proper sensor on the S7 edge?

All the ones I have seen in the app store use the camera and are rubbish.

I would like to be able to just get a graph of my hear beat over an extended period rather than just see the hear rate as in S-Health.

Is the heart rate sensor on the S7 Edge specific to Samsung or is it built into Android like the fingerprint sensor is now?

Amandakay808

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I don't know about 3rd party apps, but I just got the new galaxy s7 as well and was trying to find a way to utilize the heart rate sensor and I found this. Hope it helps!

HRM Sensor:
The heart rate sensor enables users to monitor their physical information, which can be checked through the S Health app. In addition, the front-facing camera of the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge lets you take selfies using your heart rate monitor sensor.

news.samsung .com/global/in-depth-look-whats-inside-the-galaxy-s7-and-s7-edge

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I hope your are having fun with your new phone. I am still playing with mine like a kid on Christmas morning :)

Yeah I know S-Health does it, but was wondering if the sensor uses a standard API in the hope that other apps will make use of it.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope your are having fun with your new phone. I am still playing with mine like a kid on Christmas morning :)

Yeah I know S-Health does it, but was wondering if the sensor uses a standard API in the hope that other apps will make use of it.
Sadly no there isn't no third party app