Best Buy Offer

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Walked into the store yesterday. Seen the Best Buy dude.
He took me to the salesman.

I got the phone yesterday, the VR headset and the 64 Gb Sd card.
That makes your phone with 96Gb storage.
I don't think you can store apps on your SD card .

You got to get on a Next Plan to be able to get the VR headgear and the 64 GB Samsung SD card.
Don't know all the difference but the SD card I got was a Samsung 64EVO plus.
Micro SDXC UHS-1 Card with a SD adapter.

You will have to wait till after your 1st billing cycle if you want to pay it off.

And you got to take your phone out of the case. to get the phone in the Virtual Realty headset.
And if you have a screen protector. you will break it putting it in the headset.

So don't say nobody didn't tell you this.

But the VR headset really rocks.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replies. Don't know if BB will do this but heard if you get the Samsung promo, you can get a watch instead of VR gear. Not a big VR fan.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Walked into the store yesterday. Seen the Best Buy dude.
He took me to the salesman.

I got the phone yesterday, the VR headset and the 64 Gb Sd card.
That makes your phone with 96Gb storage.
I don't think you can store apps on your SD card .

You got to get on a Next Plan to be able to get the VR headgear and the 64 GB Samsung SD card.
Don't know all the difference but the SD card I got was a Samsung 64EVO plus.
Micro SDXC UHS-1 Card with a SD adapter.

You will have to wait till after your 1st billing cycle if you want to pay it off.

And you got to take your phone out of the case. to get the phone in the Virtual Realty headset.
And if you have a screen protector. you will break it putting it in the headset.

So don't say nobody didn't tell you this.

But the VR headset really rocks.

They lied to u about having to get on the next plan I paid cash for the device and got both.

Posted via the Android Central App

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The offer does state Next. However, that plan is only for users keeping a phone long term. If you plan on getting a new phone in less than 30 months cash up front is certainly an option but you're still paying a little over $900 for the phone.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I was using a figure from AT&T. Can't believe BB is discounting that heavily & with promos. Though I've never used a 3rd party before.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Purchased 2 Verizon S7 edges at full retail and they would not give me the free stuff. :'(
Said they had to be on a device payment or new 2 year agreement.

Anyone get the free stuff at full retail?

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Purchased 2 Verizon S7 edges at full retail and they would not give me the free stuff. :'(

That's crappie because I ordered one online and got one in store and I was given the free stuff. They were att models maybe it's just carrier restrictions. I know Verizon requires the payment plan for the stuff.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
AT&T requires that you use their Next payment plan. You cannot get the promo offer by paying all upfront. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just did a quick check & both phones are sold out online & no availability in my local stores. Guess I'll call in the morning to see if they're restocking soon.

sumner929

May 22, 2010
Visit site

I pre-ordered and put the charge on my BB credit card. 0% interest for 12 months. This lets me keep my upgrade with VZW while getting a new phone. I don't care it's only 12 months financing, I'll pay it off before then anyway. BB gave me the VR headset and SD card when my phone came in. They didn't ask about activation or DPP or anything.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The offer does state Next. However, that plan is only for users keeping a phone long term. If you plan on getting a new phone in less than 30 months cash up front is certainly an option but you're still paying a little over $900 for the phone.
Got mine for somewhere in the 700 range.
Had to pay like 66.00 @ best buy.
The best buy associate said to wait till after the 1st billing cycle.
If I get a note 6 my wife will get this S7 edge.

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
AT&T requires that you use their Next payment plan. You cannot get the promo offer by paying all upfront. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

that's not accurate.

i purchased outright online for in store pick up of a black, AT&T S7 edge and got the Gear VR, SD card, a Samsung gym bag and Samsung mug.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
that's not accurate.

i purchased outright online for in store pick up of a black, AT&T S7 edge and got the Gear VR, SD card, a Samsung gym bag and Samsung mug.
Okay, I'll check again, but I got a different story. Who knows. Sold out now anyway.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I'll check again, but I got a different story. Who knows. Sold out now anyway.

Easiest way to get one is buy online right before the store opens and pick up in store. If they get stock overnight you'll have first dibs. Works at most places.
Also I got the vr and SD card for my s7 edge at best buy. Pre-ordered online from best buy directly.