Best way to mirror this phone to a TV

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
A couple phones ago, I had one with a micro HDMI port (I think) so when I traveled to hotels I could just plug it into the HDMI port on the TV and watch movies. What would be the easiest way to do that with this phone?

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can. Just get a Chromcast dongle and use the app on your phone. Plug the dongle into any modern tv that has a HDMI in a hotel, etc.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can. Just get a Chromcast dongle and use the app on your phone. Plug the dongle into any modern tv that has a HDMI in a hotel, etc.

I think that even with screen mirroring both the chromecast and the phone need to be on the same WiFi network. If the hotel had public WiFi this would make your chromecast available to everyone on the network.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I think that even with screen mirroring both the chromecast and the phone need to be on the same WiFi network. If the hotel had public WiFi this would make your chromecast available to everyone on the network.
No it wouldn't. Your Chromecast displays a code on the TV that needs to be entered into the Chromecast app in order to connect.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
True.

And, Y'know, just use your old smartphone as a WiFi hotspot point. Remember, your S7 can now share it's data via a WiFi connection so maybe you can use it's connection as a relay to a second smartphone being used as a hotspot, as to allow the chromecast an internet connection.

I'm still massively annoyed with Google removing offline casting support. It used to be perfect to take somewhere with no internet but have a TV and a bunch of films stored on an SD card in your phone. Boo Google!

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried with chromecast and it worked there may be slight lag on the tv though

Posted via the Android Central App