Anyone dissapointed with the low light pictures ? I have a 6P, note 5, and a note 4 and the S7E low light pictures arent much better from them. Especially the note 5. Its a small difference, but by far, the 6P takes way better low light photos. Or is it just me ?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-27-2016 02:38 PM
    Best low light performance I have ever used in a phone.
    03-27-2016 04:33 PM
    Just went outside in darkness and took this. Just Street lighting. I'd say low light is pretty good on the s7 edge
    S7E camera low light-2042.jpg

Posted via S7 edge 😍
    03-27-2016 04:42 PM
    Seems you are in the minority. Defective camera perhaps?
    03-27-2016 04:42 PM
    Definitely not a defective camera i dont think. Does anyone else have a 6P and a S7 to compare low light ? My S7s low light is noisey and darker compared to my 6P.

03-27-2016 04:44 PM
    Does anyone else when taking low light pictures get a decent bit of noise ?

03-28-2016 12:04 AM
    S7E camera low light-20160320_190105.jpg

My camera has a lot of noise when shooting in the dark and is not that impressive as it has been advertised or like the photo that andyvalver took
    on the photo here it created a greenish tint and it overexposes. You can see the sky is still light, but the photo was taken at 9:00 pm and it was a complete darkness outside excluding the street lights.

Forgot to mention I am with a Sony sensor. Maybe the upper photo was taken with a Sammy sensor?
    03-28-2016 01:49 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160320_190105.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	546.7 KB 
ID:	222399

My camera has a lot of noise when shooting in the dark and is not that impressive as it has been advertised or like the photo that andyvalver took
    on the photo here it created a greenish tint and it overexposes. You can see the sky is still light, but the photo was taken at 9:00 pm and it was a complete darkness outside excluding the street lights.

Forgot to mention I am with a Sony sensor. Maybe the upper photo was taken with a Sammy sensor?
    in auto mode under near black conditions it will always boost the ISO to max to expose everything, that's why you can see the sky.

The best way is to put it into Pro mode and use the default settings there. You will get a much better representative photo.
    03-28-2016 03:46 AM
    The green tint under that one light is the effect of that one light. It must use some type of florescent gas. The auto white balance can't correct for the multi light sources in that shot. Florescent lights are notoriously difficult to auto correct for. They even come in several types. Higher end DSLRs have five auto settings for florescent but even manual settings can't fix multi source lighting. Your brain is much better at fixing white balance than any camera.
    03-28-2016 04:06 AM
    Definitely not a defective camera i dont think. Does anyone else have a 6P and a S7 to compare low light ? My S7s low light is noisey and darker compared to my 6P.

I no longer have my 6P, but one of the reasons I gave up on it was because the low light pictures weren't very good, which I attributed to lack of OIS. I haven't taken a lot of low light photos with my 7 and Edge yet, but I've been happy with the ones I have.
    03-28-2016 06:22 AM
    That is wierd. My 6P has very little noise compares to my S7E in low light pictures. It seems as my S7E is extremely noisey while my 6P has almost zero noise in all low light pictures. But in day light, both phones seem very similar in pictures. Would it make sense my S7E has a defective camera ? Because the good lighting pictures come out beautiful, sometimes better than my 6P when good lighting

03-28-2016 11:03 AM
    My S7 Edge takes pretty good low light. My 6P isn't bad but the S7 Edge is nice.

I will say the auto focus on the S7 Edge is unreal. I was able to snap many kids running around during this Easter weekend by whipping from one side of the yard to the other and it was instantly focused.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    03-28-2016 11:06 AM
    Can you take low light photos to compare and check the exif data for both photos, it would be interesting to check the ISO, shutter speed and aperture between the two phones.
    03-28-2016 11:10 AM
    in auto mode under near black conditions it will always boost the ISO to max to expose everything, that's why you can see the sky.

The best way is to put it into Pro mode and use the default settings there. You will get a much better representative photo.
    Will Pro mode set the camera automatically when changing conditions? Not a fully manual mode? If so, does it make sense to always shoot in Pro?

I shot a few Auto pics of my daughter on the playground and I thought they were a little washed out. I came from a LG G4 and used its manual mode quite a bit. For most shots I'd take with my phone now, I'd prefer not to have to manually set everything.
    03-28-2016 11:17 AM
    Will Pro mode set the camera automatically when changing conditions? Not a fully manual mode? If so, does it make sense to always shoot in Pro?

I shot a few Auto pics of my daughter on the playground and I thought they were a little washed out. I came from a LG G4 and used its manual mode quite a bit. For most shots I'd take with my phone now, I'd prefer not to have to manually set everything.
    Pro mode still allows full auto settings for everything, it just seems to meter different (mine is on centre weighted) from full auto which gives me a better representation of what I'm seeing in low light conditions.

I find full auto is great for shots when I want to bring out the detail like indoors but for outdoors I shoot pro mode. just think about what your shooting, The sports mode would be better for children who are racing around as it will give you the fastest shutter speed it can.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    03-28-2016 11:36 AM