Change CSC to allow Japanese Locale?

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'd like to get a ROM and CSC that allows for updates and also allows Japanese Locale on a Galaxy S7 Edge G935F from Europe. Let me start about how this happened:

I have two devices, one in black and the other in white. First I had the black one, and I thought it was a little defective, so what I did was download any old ROM from the website that as compatible with my device. It turned out great. My friend who speaks Japanese wanted the same phone, since it's such a beaut!, and saw that my device (without me knowing, it didn't have a CSC, see below) and it had Japanese. Based on this, he got one and I have it now in my hand. As soon as I turned it on, there was no Japanese! So I looked at mine, and they're from the same operator / carrier / region. They're both European S7E from Italy TIM.
Screenshot_20160422-010434.jpg
Japanese.png
Image with my no CSC, but yes with Japanese.

So then I decided to try a ROM, and it kept a different CSC
So I restored my personal device with Samsung Kies, and it restored EVERYTHING ... Except for the CSC!
Screenshot_20160422-015003.jpg

Now, I don't have a CSC or Japanese anymore.

How can I change my CSC?

And how can I find a CSC / ROM that has Japanese for my friend, and still allow him to get updates from Samsung?

Thank you very much!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It is the Product Code that determines which firmware is installed on your phone and updated automatically by Samsung.

The CSC Code, (Customer Software Code), determines such things as local customisation and languages as well as carrier branding and is influenced by the Product Code.

For instance, there are a number of CSC Codes for the Middle East, (OJV), and it is the various Product codes that determine whether a phone receives the software for Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc:

Your screenshot #1 shows, probably because of your flashing of different firmwares and ROMs, an incomplete Product code that is missing the last 3 digits and consequently, no CSC information. This phone will not be updated by Samsung and you may need to flash a stock Samsung firmware for, say, TIM, Italy, before it is able to do so.

The 3rd screenshot shows a complete Product code that denotes the carrier branded TIM network for Italy and will receives updates from Samsung for this.

The Phone Info app that you are using for your screenshots, "may", be able to change the phone's Product Code, (wrongly labelled as CSC Code in the app), but will Factory Data Reset the phone in the process.

I cannot locate a Japanese firmware or Product Code for the G935F model. You may have to root the phone and install a custom ROM that contains an enlarged language pack, such as the TEKXnesis HYBRID S7 Edge custom ROM in the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks section of the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty