I bought my GS7 10 days ago, and all sailed perfectly for eight days.

Since yesterday, I've been noticing that contacts are randomly erased from my phone. It has happened to three or four contacts at a time, on three separate occasions.

I use Outlook as the source, and sync contacts and calendar via Companion Link. I have never had this issue before. Not even on another small Android KitKat tablet that I have.

Twice I resolved the issue syncing via Companion Link, and the contacts showed up again. But on two occasions I've had to delete them from Outlook, re-enter, sync again.

Any suggestions?
    04-25-2016 01:31 PM
    I bought my GS7 10 days ago, and all sailed perfectly for eight days.

Since yesterday, I've been noticing that contacts are randomly erased from my phone. It has happened to three or four contacts at a time, on three separate occasions.

I use Outlook as the source, and sync contacts and calendar via Companion Link. I have never had this issue before. Not even on another small Android KitKat tablet that I have.

Twice I resolved the issue syncing via Companion Link, and the contacts showed up again. But on two occasions I've had to delete them from Outlook, re-enter, sync again.

Any suggestions?
    My advice would be to use GMAIL to store your contacts. I don't see this being the phone I see it being your syncing method with 3rd party
    04-26-2016 07:31 AM
    I disagree.
    Had all my contacts sync to google and yesterday they disappeared all of them .removed account and re synced google. still nothing
    Even tmobile staff was baffled. in the end they swooped out the phone
    04-26-2016 09:31 AM
    I disagree.
    Had all my contacts sync to google and yesterday they disappeared all of them .removed account and re synced google. still nothing
    Even tmobile staff was baffled. in the end they swooped out the phone
    See: Does google have a sync issue with contacts?

What I noticed is, if I add a contact from the call log or if someone messaged me in whatsapp and I add the contact from whatsapp, give it a few seconds and the contact disappears. What I am having to do to not have them disappear is to manually add them from the contacts app but this is very inconvenient
    04-26-2016 10:30 AM
    Still sounds like no definitive answer. Hmmm. I'll get back in a few days.
    04-26-2016 03:10 PM
    Sounds like user error. I've never had contacts disappear when using Gmail. If a major bug like that existed, it would be all over the Internet.
    04-27-2016 11:25 PM
    Make sure your contacts app is displaying the correct account(s). In all my years of experience with Android, every time I thought contacts were mysteriously disappearing or reappearing after deleted, it had to do with which accounts were being displayed. Go to Settings in your Contacts app and poke around and you'll probably find the problem. Also look to see if any of the contacts are linked.
    Pastorhss likes this.
    04-28-2016 10:05 AM
    Still sounds like no definitive answer. Hmmm. I'll get back in a few days.
    I fixed my issue on my s3 simply by setting my hangouts app back to the factory program. Because my contacts didn't start dissappearing until my hangouts app was updated the last time
    08-20-2016 10:28 AM
    I have problem started from yesterday. i have 2 account of contacts. yahoo and gmail. i have total 600 contacts but yesterday i see only 32 left. all others are gone!
    I have luckily my backup on dropbox with easybackup app. so i can get them back. but what the F. now next day its again disappeared.
    i really dont know whats happen.
    i didnt update my device.
    i didnt install anything new.
    any help will be thank full.
    i am using galaxy s7 tmobile.
    09-28-2016 08:56 AM
    The source of the problem for me was saving as an outlook contact rather than a Gmail contact. I solved that by going to outlook app>settings>click email address>turn off sync contacts
    12-06-2016 09:13 PM
    This is a big problem, continuing to this day (late Aug. 2017), with the latest phones S8 plus.
    Tech teams are baffled. It is enough to force me to give up oon the phone.
    08-22-2017 10:57 AM
    This is a big problem, continuing to this day (late Aug. 2017), with the latest phones S8 plus.
    Tech teams are baffled. It is enough to force me to give up on the phone.
    08-22-2017 10:57 AM
    Tech teams are baffled. It is enough to force me to give up on the phone.
    Sorry, but this is an android problem with new devices. I never had this with my iPhone, iPad, or other non android nor old android devices.

Something is wrong with the OS and device specific software. It is random contacts that disappear. a few at a time.

Please have an android expert look at this issue. I have it with my S7, S8, and now S8+. But never before.
    09-09-2017 04:21 AM