Always on display very dim

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
After update yesterday, my always on display is so dim, it may as well not even be on! What can I do to fix this?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does it change with ambient light? Mine is very dim coming out of sleep (I usually have in shirt pocket or laying on its face) but will brighten if surrounding light is high. I'd give it a few days...

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I am uninstalling my update. It's just too dim in lower light. I don't think there will be any issues with burn-in as it's not super bright and jumps around the screen as the time changes.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Find the always on display under application manager then click more in the top right and uninstall updates. Remember to disable auto update in the Samsung apps otherwise it will keep installing itself.

This is how you would ordinarily uninstall updates on an app and return to the stock version which came with the phone; however, this is not an option under the AOD service app on my Verizon S7 Edge.

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
This is how you would ordinarily uninstall updates on an app and return to the stock version which came with the phone; however, this is not an option under the AOD service app on my Verizon S7 Edge.

It only appears once the update has taken place. The always on display is not in the list of applications until after the update. Or maybe it is just a verizon thing.

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Personally I like the new dimmer AOD. Now if someone could just make it so that we can manually adjust brightness. I'd prefer it actually to be always dim. Lol.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I also prefer the new dimmer AOD. Reading some of the complaints, there must be hardware differences. Mine was too bright before. Now it is just right.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Not an option for me either, also on Verizon. Really kind of defeats the purpose, if I have to turn the screen on bc the AOD isn't working!

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah dim is better...earlier it was brighter than my lumia 950 glance screen...but after update it's dimmer than the lumia...
It's much better in a dark room when we are sleeping...

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4