Can't turn off emoji clicking sound

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I just discovered that when I have my phone on "sound" (I usually keep it on the vibrate setting), typing emojis in texts makes a clicking noise. I double checked my system and key-tap feedback settings and they're all set to "off," including touch sounds and keyboard sound. I also checked the individual keyboard settings (both Kii Keyboard, which I'm currently using and the stock Samsung keyboard) and that feature is off there, as well. Any thoughts?

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
The emoji are part of the app, not your keyboards, if you are using the Messages app's button to the right of where you type. I also just noticed tonight that the emoji make an annoying click sound that has no setting for the sound. Since I was watching TV at the time, it wasn't a huge deal, but if I need it to be quiet, I will just use the emoji in my keyboard (SwiftKey).

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the emoji "button" to the immediate right of the typing field is the one making the noise for me. Unfortunately, as I was describing in another thread, I'm having an issue with emojis in Kii Keyboard. I've been using Kii for years and find it suits my needs better than SwiftKey; however, after transferring it over with the Smart Switch app upon changing phones last week (Kii no longer exists in the Google Play Store), I couldn't get it to recognize any emoji plugin from the Play Store (I previously used Handcent Emoji Plugin with no trouble on my S4), so I had to use an emoji plugin APK to get Kii to recognize it. I've not been able to find a current emoji plugin with up-to-date emojis (taco, middle finger, unicorn, etc.), so I'm stuck with the older version for apps outside of the stock messages where I need to use the emoji feature through Kii (Instagram, Facebook); therefore, using the Kii emoji feature in messages to avoid the clicking sound limits my emoji use. No perfect workaround to be found on my end, but since I usually have my phone on vibrate, I guess the clicking won't be a major issue. (Sorry for the longgg explanation!)

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Kii is not an emoji app-it's a third-party keyboard like SwiftKey. It uses an emoji plugin app to allow for emojis to be integrated into the keyboard. I prefer the features offered by Kii over other keyboards I've tried, so I'm not interested in changing the keyboard itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana