Looking for a music app

anon(9613018)

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I'm looking to replace my spotify app and try something different. I want something I can download music on so it doesn't use data so an offline option is a must. What do you guys use to listen to your music?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I'm looking to replace my spotify app and try something different. I want something I can download music on so it doesn't use data so an offline option is a must. What do you guys use to listen to your music?

I switched from Spotify to Google Play Music a while back and it's been great. App could do with a little work but you can save playlists offline (you can on Spotify too iirc) and can also save to Wear, which was the main reason I switched. If you're in the US you'll get more for your money with the subscription too with stuff like YouTube Red.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I put all music on the SD card and listen to it using the stock Samsung music player. No data used, no dropped signals causing issues and my music library always available. The beauty of the SD card.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I can recommend 3 apps. I have always used my own files on the SD card, or internal storage when I had no SD card. I have absolutely no interest in streaming my music.

I'm currently using USB Audio Player Pro. It's more pricey than most, but it sure seemed to me to be a sound quality improvement over my prior app, which I'd used longest of these 3.

I used the pay version of Poweramp for a couple of years. The only reason I moved away from it was the volume level deficiencies of the S7E. I saw recommendations for the USB Audio Player app and that it provided best sound quality and seemed to boost the sound a bit. I agreed when I checked it out. Otherwise I'd still be using Poweramp, I'm sure.

I started on Android with Rocket Player Premium 3 years ago. I had no complaints and used it for quite a while. Eventually, I did an A/B test with Poweramp and thought the latter provided a bit better sound quality. That said, if all I had available to me was Rocket Player I wouldn't be upset at all.

I think most folks would be happy with any of those 3. I'd rank them as I've listed them, USB Audio Player Pro #1, Poweramp Full Version #2, Rocket Player Premium #3. They're all rated no worse than 4.3 (the free version of Rocket Player) on Google Play.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any music to put on SD cards and the likes of Spotify and GPM are too reasonable now to justify pirating it.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have all my music on my SD and use Mediamonkey. If I'm in the car I do use play music but that's only because I can use my wear watch to tell it what to play using OK Google.

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I have all my music on my SD card and Poweramp has been my favorite music player for a long time on droid, but I do like to switch it up every once in awhile and use Google Play Music, SiriusXM, or Amazon Music for Prime

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I download all my music to my SD Card and use Power AMP...fantastic app.

Agreed. PowerAmp is the best player I have found because of the equalizer. Not free, but not too costly. If you have bluetooth speakers, it is great because you can adjust your presets based on the speaker you are using.

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Resurrecting an old thread but I'm looking for a new player and don't care of the cost (lots of free credit from Google Opinion Rewards). I think I've narrowed it down to USB Audio Player Pro and Power Amp.

Do you (or anyone else) have an opinion on which program handles album artwork better? It's a minor issue, to be sure, but it drives me crazy when the wrong pic is displayed. Also, does either allow editing of files from within the app?

Thanks in advance.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Resurrecting an old thread but I'm looking for a new player and don't care of the cost (lots of free credit from Google Opinion Rewards). I think I've narrowed it down to USB Audio Player Pro and Power Amp.

Do you (or anyone else) have an opinion on which program handles album artwork better? It's a minor issue, to be sure, but it drives me crazy when the wrong pic is displayed. Also, does either allow editing of files from within the app?

Thanks in advance.

Great choices.

I haven't tried editing files in USB APP up to now, but in opening it to check for you, I don't see an option to do that. Poweramp does allow editing of the Meta data (what you're looking to edit I assume?).

At this point, I'd give the artowrk crown to Poweramp in this comparison, as well. I seem to get the default screen far too often with USB APP...even when I have cover art assigned to the song file. I'm not sure if that's a transfer issue (the info never made it to my phone) or a reading glitch of some sort. I set Poweramp to prefer my own stored artwork, and as such it was almost always spot on. When I tinkered with letting it download artowrk and prefer that, it got things wrong occassionaly (say a generic picture of the artist rather than the actual cover art for that album). I really didn't use the online artwork option for long.

tracypagedotnet

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Is the "stock" music player what came. On the Note 4 but not on the S7E?
If so, does anyone have a link to the download? I preferred that much more than power amp and googleplay

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Is the "stock" music player what came. On the Note 4 but not on the S7E?
If so, does anyone have a link to the download? I preferred that much more than power amp and googleplay
Just look for Music Player on the Galaxy App Store, or Samsung Music Player in the Play Store. Just check that the dev is Samsung.