June security patch + firmware update, Global G935F, rolling out

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
How do you clear the cache partition? I'm planning a factory rest anyway when I get time, so will this do it anyway?
Turn the phone off:
Hold volume up/ power and home button,
After the android saying installing updates scroll down with volume keys to clear cache partition and power selects

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, at least we know why there is a jump in the changelist number for the latest PEQ and PF2 firmware releases for the Global, Exynos, model that include the June security patch as well. It would seem that Samsung have also included, among other things, improvements to the camera, as this GSMArena report shows...

"The camera improvements that the update brings along include a fix for an issue where initial video playback flickers after recording has been resolved, as well as an issue where previews of specific routes are shown in red or green.

Other bugs that have been fixed include an occasional cover recognition issue as well as an issue where recorded videos were not shown in Quick View after recording was stopped.

Rolling out in several countries worldwide (including the UK), the update reportedly weighs in at 329MB in Europe, while in several other regions it's only around 70MB.
"

Source

goldenstate

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Hurray, just finished downloading! G935F in USA (Saudi Arabia version purchased via ebay). Will post screenshot with build #, etc after install.

Posted via the Android Central App

And here is the screenshot:

Attachments

• Screenshot G935F software update.jpg
    Screenshot G935F software update.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the update. Video stabilization is GREATLY improved. Rock solid at full zoom now. Too early to tell if battery life is where it was when I bought it.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Just installed the update. Video stabilization is GREATLY improved. Rock solid at full zoom now. Too early to tell if battery life is where it was when I bought it.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

Only been today but from first impressions I'd say battery is greatly improved but not quite what it initially was. The standby drain seems a whole lot better.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
How is everyone's battery life after this? Now it's settled I'd say mine is no better. If anything, maybe a bit worse! Maybe I'm going to have to try a factory reset

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
How is everyone's battery life after this? Now it's settled I'd say mine is no better. If anything, maybe a bit worse! Maybe I'm going to have to try a factory reset

Mine was great for a couple of days and then just went straight back to what it was today. Had been no more than 40 minutes Stay Awake, but over 12 hours today.
Did the reset and all but still awful. I wish I could get the drivers working to go back two firmwares ago.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
If you had a US Snapdragon version and are an audiophile, and now have the opportunity to buy a global 935F model, would you do it? It would mean selling my US version at a loss. So it would cost me around $250.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
If you had a US Snapdragon version and are an audiophile, and now have the opportunity to buy a global 935F model, would you do it? It would mean selling my US version at a loss. So it would cost me around $250.

If you are an audiophile I'd suggest you get an HTC 10 instead. It's still better for audio than the Exynos S7 as far as I know.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
If you are an audiophile I'd suggest you get an HTC 10 instead. It's still better for audio than the Exynos S7 as far as I know.

Thanks. I've been considering it, and had a look at the HTC, but didn't like the screen, port it's size compared to the edge. If they had a version with a 5.5" screen Is probably go that direction. I also considered the V10, but it has too many issues unfortunately. Oh well, in every other respect, I absolutely love my S7 edge. Plus getting the international version for use in the US I assume means I'll lose Samsung Pay.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I've been considering it, and had a look at the HTC, but didn't like the screen, port it's size compared to the edge. If they had a version with a 5.5" screen Is probably go that direction. I also considered the V10, but it has too many issues unfortunately. Oh well, in every other respect, I absolutely love my S7 edge. Plus getting the international version for use in the US I assume means I'll lose Samsung Pay.

Or you can just go Bluetooth headset to get full digital quality.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Or you can just go Bluetooth headset to get full digital quality.

Isn't Bluetooth the lowest quality unless you get a headset with AptX? Even then, does AptX compare with wired? Is the DAC in the Bluetooth headset? On a related note, with Android Auto, which DAC is used? Anyone know? Thanks. FWIW, I tried the Exynos side by side an hour ago. It definitely has a fair amount better sound. It's clearer and more punchy with wired Bose QC25 headset. But not sure if it's that much better that it's worth the spend.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
More firmware releases for the Global S7 Edge, Exynos, model, G935F, from Samsung on the latest build, 1st June, release, PF2, on changelist #8252943, (see post #42)...

United Kingdom/Ireland
Romania (Cosmote)
Mauritius
Germany
Germany (1&1)
Norway (Telenor)
Portugal (TPH)
Bosnia Herzegovina
Egypt
Saudi Arabia (STC)
Iraq
Iran
Bonia Herzegovina (BH Telecomm)
Hungary
Bulgaria
Greece
Open Austria
Afghanistan
Libya

Check via OTA or Samsung Smart Switch.

(It can be seen that unbranded models, again, dominate in this list)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Isn't Bluetooth the lowest quality unless you get a headset with AptX? Even then, does AptX compare with wired? Is the DAC in the Bluetooth headset? On a related note, with Android Auto, which DAC is used? Anyone know? Thanks. FWIW, I tried the Exynos side by side an hour ago. It definitely has a fair amount better sound. It's clearer and more punchy with wired Bose QC25 headset. But not sure if it's that much better that it's worth the spend.

Depending on the headset you use of course. You can get something with A2DP, and/or AptX, and get decent audio. Also something that supports BT3.0 or higher.

Saying that bluetooth is the worst quality is a sort of urban myth. It depends on the headset you use. The cheaper ones are indeed worse because they may not use the music enhancing protocols, but once you start getting to contemporary mid range models, quality starts to even out until difference is hardly noticeable. I think wired headsets pull away again in the high range though.

Personally I'm interested in the 2nd gen Level Ons for a headset. They can be used via Bluetooth, as well as having a cable jack for use as wired headset.

Hubszo

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Significantly worse battery life with major drain from:
1. Android System,
2. Screen,
3. Android OS
4. Cell standby

Additionally I had to set fingerprint recognition again due to very finicky after update.
Anyway I'm pretty disappointed after great start with S7e in April :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality38