Bluetooth volume control gone

pjw23

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S7 Edge from US Cellular, running 6.0.1. There is no longer a separate volume control for Bluetooth. All media volume is controlled by one control.

I want the phone's volume on max when playing music over my car stereo (bluetooth), but then everything (games, music player, etc) comes blasting out of the phone speaker when I'm not in the car. This is VERY annoying.

Worse, after a restart of the phone, when I turn up the volume I get the "Loud music..." warning! No "don't show this again" checkbox. I'm not 5 years old. I don't need to be nagged.

So, my question is, who do I complain to about this? Samsung, US Cellular, or Google?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

That's weird. Are you sure the volume level remains on MAX when not in the car? While yes, there is no separate volume slider for BT Audio UNLESS you're actually connected to a BT Speaker/Headphone/System (and that's not actually separate, it just becomes THE slider), when I set mine to MAX while on BT, the overall Media Volume when disconnected from my BT devices changes to the last setting I had before rebooting. Furthermore, it remembers a third volume level if I use wired headphones. So if yours doesn't do that, then I'd say the culprit for this would be your carrier for modifying Samsung's original ROM to change that behavior.

As for the warning after a reboot, yes, that's on Samsung and it's been like that for a couple of years now. It's a health warning they feel they need to enforce. Fortunately it only pops up once after each reboot, so that's not terrible. Just like most car systems these days will have a warning for not texting or touching the screen while driving or something, they only show it after starting up the car.

pjw23

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Now that you mention it, the volume reduction might be only after reboot. I'll have to check that.

If I recall correctly, my GS5 only gave the volume warning for wired headsets. Still annoying, but at least made some sense. Obviously if you're using Bluetooth the volume is controlled by that device. I hate turning up the volume to listen to streamed music over bluetooth and then getting blasted when I switch to radio.