S7 Edge and Bose QC 35

mosi76

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Anybody have any luck pairing a Galaxy S7 Edge with the Bose QC 35? My phone absolutely refuses to pair. I've tried traditional pairing and NFC pairing and it flat refuses to connect.

I have successfully paired to a Nexus 5X, iPhone 6S and iPad. I have force stopped Bluetooth and Wiped Cache but still won't pair. Contacted Bose and Samsung and got nowhere.

Any ideas or similar issues?

Thanks
Mosi

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have any luck pairing a Galaxy S7 Edge with the Bose QC 35? My phone absolutely refuses to pair. I've tried traditional pairing and NFC pairing and it flat refuses to connect.

I have successfully paired to a Nexus 5X, iPhone 6S and iPad. I have force stopped Bluetooth and Wiped Cache but still won't pair. Contacted Bose and Samsung and got nowhere.

Any ideas or similar issues?

Thanks
Mosi
I'm connected to the new Bose wireless soundsport Bluetooth headphones and have no issues. Not sure what's different with the qc 35

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have the QC35 and the S7E and paired in two seconds, no problem. Have you tried toggling bluetooth on and off? Restarting your phone?

mosi76

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to feel like there is a problem with the Bluetooth chip in the phone. Haven't tried a factory reset but it's not really the top of my list to try

mosi76

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Broke down and did a factory reset and before installing any apps I was able to pair the headphones. Not sure what was causing the incompatibility but it's working for now.

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my iPhone when I got the QC35 a couple of weeks back. Turns out you can wipe out all Bluetooth connections in the headphones by holding the power switch all the way to the right for like 5 seconds. That fixed it for me.
Sorry couldn't reply earlier. It might have saved you the trouble of formatting the phone.

mosi76

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
It still gives me plenty of problems even after the factory reset. Unless I am actively playing music on the phone, the phone turns off Media streaming under the Bluetooth profile of the headphones. Not sure what else to do. I might try deleting all the profiles off the headphones but I am concerned that if I do that, I won't be able to get it to pair again with the S7 Edge :mad:

mosi76

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
So just an update. Today, I went into a Bose store with my QC 35's and my S7 Edge and showed them how it wouldn't pair. They were perplexed. While I was there, we successfully paired to other QC 35's at the store. They agreed to swap out the headphones and I was able to immediately pair with the new ones. Still not sure exactly what the problem was but as usual the customer service by Bose was great and was able to walk out with a new set in a matter of minutes.