How do i turn off screen overlay on my s7 edge

A

AC Question

Every time I click on an app today it is bringing up a message that I need to turn off screen overlay first when I click on it it brings up a list of apps I have turned all of them to off but still had no joy all day i have had this problem I honestly don't know what to do to get my phone to work again and dont understand why this has started happening but I can't use the apps untill this has been turned off please can anyone help me sort this problem out many thanks to all in advance

2413kellella

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have same issue and got luck today the overlay screen issue is solved on my s7edge I uninstalled the CM app. If you have clean master app (cm) try to uninstall it.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Swipe home app is also causing this for me since update. It seems a lot of my permissions were turned off some how and you can't re enable then unless you turn off the app that is causing the over lay.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have same issue and got luck today the overlay screen issue is solved on my s7edge I uninstalled the CM app. If you have clean master app (cm) try to uninstall it.

It's good to hear that you found an answer. I've read that it's more than just uninstalling the app though. Most recommendations have included clearing the app cache followed by rebooting the phone.

Yazjaz1

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Every time I click on an app today it is bringing up a message that I need to turn off screen overlay first when I click on it it brings up a list of apps I have turned all of them to off but still had no joy all day i have had this problem I honestly don't know what to do to get my phone to work again and dont understand why this has started happening but I can't use the apps untill this has been turned off please can anyone help me sort this problem out many thanks to all in advance

Yazjaz1

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I uninstaled clean master ( dunno how it got there in the first place) and was able to complete my privacy settings. All is good in the world again.

ras786

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site

Hi there,
thnx fr sharing. Been looking for an answer for my s7edge. Deleting CM app helped me as well..

ekendraed

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Problem resolved after I removed DU Battery Saver. I also removed CCleaner. I was also able to allow access to CONTACTS on Whatsapp and now I have names instead of numbers. Credit goes to the guy who gave the info on utube.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Not so long ago, Android was such a mess that those type of apps generally performed a useful function. Android is a lot better now at managing resources. With a few exceptions, most management functions (power, memory, applications management, etc) can normally be left to the OS for those of us who are not power users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87