Unable to remove the K-Klock Substratum overlay

Peter_L

Mar 6, 2024
Visit site
Not sure if this should go in the Apps or Help forum?

Android 13 Pixel 7 rooted via Magisk
K-Manager app started crashing immediately when the compile button was pressed. So I can't even turn the overlay off now. I uninstalled K-Manager and Substratum, removed the Substratum module from Magisk, but yet the Klock overlay is still there after each boot. How can I make it go away? I tried posting in Telegram (their support forum advised on the crash screen) but it appears the dev is no longer active, project seems abandoned. I posted on an XDA forum for K-Klock (400+ posts) as well but heard nothing back and the last post before mine was two years ago. I deleted all files/folders with the name *klock and *substratum but it keeps coming up every time. Reinstalling Substratum shows no active themes.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Let’s try a move to General Help, where I think your thread will fare better.

Reactions: Peter_L

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Oh the joys of installing 3rd party apps and OS's. If it keeps coming back after reboots you're probably going to have to flash a new pixel (Google) firmware and start all over again. Sorry and good luck.
In the future, maybe practice by using an emulator on a PC but be prepared to wipe that as well if things go really sideways again.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Op probably should have mentioned they rooted their phone or I assume they had to root their phone to use what every they are talking about..

Peter_L

Mar 6, 2024
Visit site
Oh the joys of installing 3rd party apps and OS's. If it keeps coming back after reboots you're probably going to have to flash a new pixel (Google) firmware and start all over again. Sorry and good luck.
In the future, maybe practice by using an emulator on a PC but be prepared to wipe that as well if things go really sideways again.
Ah sh!t... That's pretty hardcore. I would have to wipe, re-root, reinstall all the apps, restore data. Very time consuming. I think I might just deal with it until I get a new phone, maybe a year or so.