Why does my phone keep getting popup ad's

Thingys

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
These pass few day I've
suddenly gotten a lot of popup ad from Facebook saying you won a prize and all and also some other ones saying you got 13 viruses download this app to fix it, I've downloaded several apps to fix this malware/Spyware etc. but none worked I don't have any third party apps on my phone just the common ones like Facebook and Youtube. I could also be on youtube when suddenly a ad popup redirecting me to google saying you won a prize from facebook. How would I fix that I really don't want to factory restart my phone unless it becomes the only choice.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked your browser settings to see if you allowed push notifications from any webpage? You might have visited a site that is pushing those.

Thingys

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I read a while back that there's a virus that causes this, I believe it was called hummingbad

I just researched it and downloaded the apps they would recommend to get rid of it and all said everythings fine is there another virus it could be or another way to solve this problem?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you boot your phone in Safe Mode, does it happen? If so, it's a deeply-rooted issue. If not, it's an app that can just be disabled/uninstalled.