help please!!

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So I have a quick question. Figured I'd ask here because you all may know more then me.

I had android phones all through me having phones and I had this bright idea to go to iPhone, well almost a year into having it and I am so over it. I was playing with the s7 edge in target yesterday and just playing with the camera alone I fell in love with it.

So I have an option of paying out the rest of my lease through sprint and I can get the s7 or I can't get a phone until October 2017. I really don't want to stay with the iphone for another year.

But my question to you all is if anyone even knows is there a date set for a s8 to be released? Or should I just go ahead and try to get the s7 edge now and not worry about when the next one will come out?

Signed,
-Missing Android

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about any dates for the S8, but it is usually announced in the spring.

A different option: Does Sprint have a lower price for you to pay if you want to upgrade early?

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
A different option: Does Sprint have a lower price for you to pay if you want to upgrade early?

I called this morning and my options are to pay the rest of my lease out or pay to keep the phone. So I thought about selling my iPhone but not sure how much I'll get for it. It's still in great condition.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Then my options for the s7 edge are to lease it for 31 a month, a 2 year contract for 350 with a rebate or just buy it for 700+

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I called this morning and my options are to pay the rest of my lease out or pay to keep the phone. So I thought about selling my iPhone but not sure how much I'll get for it. It's still in great condition.

Perhaps a second line?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It's it's any help the S7 edge is a much better phone than the iPhone is. I just switch from the 6S and couldn't be happier great camera and the size of the device is just perfect.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps a second line?

I thought of that but then I'll still be paying monthly for an iPhone I'm not using and my bill will go up more.

I'm okay paying the fee to get out of my lease but I just want to know if it makes sense to get the s7 edge now or wait until the s8 gets announced and released. Really want the edge though

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Sell iPhone buy S7 Edge off contract? That what i did for my 6 plus. Now using S7 Edge. No longer tied to contract :)

I still have to buy out of my lease though.

My main question is does it make sense to get the s7 edge now or wait for an announcement for the s8? That's my biggest question. I was chatting with a rep from Sprint and asked what she would do in her situation and she said she would wait for the s8. So now I am even more torn lol.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
if it makes sense to get the s7 edge now or wait until the s8 gets announced and released.

If it were me, I would try to get out of the phone you don't want as soon as possible. The upside to waiting for the 8 is you can see if the hardware will then be worth it, make you choice between the 7 or the 8 based on actual information, and you will have about 6 months more payments done on the iPhone.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I would go for the S7E. I'm so impressed with this phone that I have decided to keep it instead of getting my replacement Note 7 when they arrive. You can always sell the iPhone on eBay.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I would go for the S7E. I'm so impressed with this phone that I have decided to keep it instead of getting my replacement Note 7 when they arrive. You can always sell the iPhone on eBay.

I had never even saw the phone in person until Friday afternoon when I went to target. I absolutely fell in love with it, which is crazy to say about a phone but I did. If I pay sprint to end my lease I have to give the iphone back. It's a lot more money to keep it then it is to pay to give it back. That's why I'm choosing when I get the s7e to pay for a 2 year contract. I don't like leasing phones.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
S8 is next year. Are you able to wait?

I"m able to wait yes, do I want to wait? lol no

I want the S7E bad, but I also don't want to get it and be stuck in a contract and want the S8 when it comes out next year, but I also don't want to wait and then not like the S8 next year.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87